I'll Support You - Kakashi

Kakashi stepped out of the front door of the hot spring. Mizuka must've already changed and walked home. He didn't mean for it to come out that way. When he asked Mizuka to marry him, he told her that he would do whatever arrangement she needed to keep healing in Tenchi. And he meant it. But, maybe after seven years, a guilty little part of him wanted to live with his wife. He was thirty. Something that worked for him at 23 wasn't working as well now. Of course, if she wanted to stay, he would respect her decision. Maybe a part of him was ready to settle down with the love of his life. At least, he would love to wake up to her beautiful face every day.

As he opened the front door, there was a fire built in the fireplace in the back bedroom. Ino was curled up next to Naruto in the bed, which Kakashi also found strange. He shut the door, giving them some privacy when everyone awoke in the morning, before sneaking upstairs. He walked past the apprentice bedroom to find it empty. Finally, he reached Mizuka's bedroom. He opened the door to find her sobbing quietly, sitting on the edge of the bed. Kakashi wasn't sure what she needed right now, so he sat on the floor in front of her, putting his head on her lap and wrapping his arms around her legs.

"I should've never let you leave that way. I should've let you know how loved you were, even if you had no one else in the village. I loved you beyond measure. When you left, it crushed me. I literally turned my emotions off for nine years. You did have support in the Hidden Leaf. Your friends loved you. I loved you. But I understand why you had to leave. And that's why I support you, no matter what you do."

Mizuka wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

"You don't have to do this, Mizuka. Tsunade will understand. Tell her that you're needed more here."

"I know that you didn't mean it like that. The marriage comment. But hearing it like that hurts. I would never pull you away from Konoha; they need you too much. And your Will of Fire is to protect the villagers. I know that. Part of me wants to come back, and part of me doesn't. It means I'll have to confront my past. My family."

"Yeah, but you'll finally get to meet your little sister."

"And what if she hates me?"

"She won't. She's a little rough, but she's a nice girl with a good heart. You can ask anyone here and they would tell you the same thing."