Mission Failure - Naruto

This mission was turning out to be a major failure. The enemy was hot on their tails, and they were outflanked.

Shit.

And Naruto wasn't sure how much further he could carry his sensei, who was badly injured and completely unconscious. The snow was starting to fall harder, making it hard to see where they were going. He could hear Ino ahead of him, screaming for him to follow her, but there wasn't anywhere to go. She was dragging Rock Lee behind her, also badly injured. They had to evade the enemy, and fast. Maybe they snowy trees could offer some protection-

Oh shit.

The trees completely vanished and they were now in an open field with a huge river flowing north of them. They were exposed. Naruto couldn't see a way out.

"Naruto, come on, this way! Hurry!"

Where did Ino think she was going? He struggled under his sensei's weight, but kept moving. Maybe they could get across the field and hide in the next patch of trees, but it seemed unlikely. They were dead. Ino, in a burst of energy, sprinted toward the tree line and disappeared with Rock Lee. Naruto could feel his body failing and stumbled onto the ground, losing his grip on his sensei.

"NARUTO! Just a little further!"

He grabbed Kakashi sensei and dragged him to the edge of the trees. He looked up just in time to see a large shinobi lunge at him. Naruto laid out across his sensei, trying to protect him, but the blow never came. Five armed women appeared from the trees and stood between the pair and the shinobi.

"You fucking bitches again."

A particularly rough looking one with jagged shark teeth charged him with a kunai in hand, striking him in the face. He shrieked in pain as he grabbed his face, now missing an eye. The eye was actually still attached to the kunai. She flung eyeball off, licking the blood off of the kunai. She licked her sharp teeth, obviously pleased with her work.

"No unauthorized shinobi on our land. No missions in our village. No matter how charming you are."

"You cunt!"

You're attacking a Tenchi healer on our land. Get the fuck out of here before I take your other eye."

What was going on? Were they saved or were they next? Who was the healer they were referring to? The shark toothed woman turned to the rest of her group.

"Oh, Kakashi..."

She rolled her eyes slightly.

"Take them to the village, straight to Mizuka. And I would hurry. I'm going to stay here and make sure those assholes actually leave"

A blue-haired woman grabbed Kakashi and flung him over her shoulder, taking off in the trees.

Another one grabbed Rock Lee. Ino took Naruto's hand and led him quickly through the trees. A few minutes later, they came to a clearing with cottages. The soldier holding Kakashi was already beating on the door. A familiar woman answered and quickly moved aside. Naruto could hear her.

"Again? Seriously?"

Ino slowed down considerably now that the danger had subsided.

"They'll be okay, Naruto. Mizuka is the best."

"But, where are we-"

"Ino! I need you! Quick!"

"C'mon."

They rushed inside to a hectic scene. The woman soldiers were on their way out the door and the pink haired woman had Kakashi sensei and Bushy Brow laid out on the floor. She was ripping the flak jacket and shirt off of Kakashi, exposing his bloody torso.

"Ino, take the other one!"

"Right!"

Naruto watched as the healer pressed on his sensei's chest and stomach to stop the bleeding with one hand while rummaging through a box of medical supplies with the other.

"A-Anything I can do to help?"

The familiar healer looked up at him.

"Sure, Naruto. Purple bottle."

She turned back to his sensei, now able to use both hands to stop the bleeding more effectively.

"This one?"

"Yep."

He handed her the small purple bottle and she dumped the contents over Kakashi sensei's chest and stomach. The cry that his sensei let out sent chills up Naruto's spine. She placed her hands on his chest as a large green healing chakra orb formed over them. The color was slowly coming back to his sensei's skin. He was coughing hard, but he looked much better. She stroked his bloody hair, which Naruto thought was strange. His sensei jerked and moaned but the healer placed a firm hand on his shoulder , keeping him down.

"It's okay Kakashi, you're in Tenchi."

She shushed him, and Naruto saw his body immediately relax. She turned to Ino.

"He's just stunned, sensei. And the gash on his head bled heavily. I'll bandage him and he'll be fine."

"Good job, Ino. I'll monitor them through the night. We'll probably have them a least a week.

Kakashi took some serious damage. I'll send a carrier bird to Tsunade and let her know."

Naruto finally found his voice.

"The enemy threw a hidden shuriken jutsu at me and he blocked it from hitting me."

The healer placed a pillow under Kakashi's head and wrapped him in a blanket, tucking it in. She stood up to face Naruto.

"Oh! It's you!"

It was Grandma Tsunade's other travelling companion that he met with Pervy Sage. The one who bought him dinner. Mizuka.

"It's nice to see you again, Naruto. Are you injured?"

Naruto had a few scrapes, but nothing as serious as his sensei or Bushy Brow.

"Here, let me patch you up."

Mizuka worked quickly and carefully; her soft hands caressed his face as she bandaged his cheek.

"How have your studies with Jiraya been?"

Naruto told her about he two years that he had just completed with his Master. Mizuka was just as kind as she had been the last time he talked to her. And beautiful. Soon, Naruto could feel himself getting sleep in the warm house. Mizuka noticed.

"Why don't you get some sleep upstairs? Your teammates are out of danger, and they are in good hands. We will sort everything out in the morning. I'll stay with your sensei tonight. I will guard him with my life. I promise."

Naruto had so many questions, but he was too tired.

"Okay."

Ino was finsihing bandaging Rock Lee's head.

"Ino, can you show Naruto to my bed upstairs? And then you can get some sleep in your old room."

"Yes, sensei."

Naruto took one last look at his sensei and tammate, both still unconscious, and headed after Ino up the narrow staircase. Upstairs, there was a hallway with three doors. Ino slid the door to the left open. The room was dimly lit from the hallway, but before Ino could even turn the light on, Naruto fell face first onto the bed and went to sleep.