Finally - Kakashi

They spent the better part of the next six months trying to ignore what happened that night, but things were never quite the same between them. They still spent their free nights together, shooting the shit and fighting off the loneliness, but that really depended on Kakashi's schedule. Mizuka seemed to be getting stuck on hospital duty more frequently instead of going out on missions in the field, which was beginning to wear on her. But, at night as they sat there talking or watching tv, Kakashi could feel the spark between them, and he knew that she felt it as well. Finally, one evening, he couldn't ignore it any longer.

"Hey... Mizuka?"

"Hmm?"

They were out in the outskirts of the village, sitting in the branches of a tree, watching the stars.

"That night, um, after Rin died and you took care of me?"

"Yeah."

"And you told me you loved me?"

She turned toward him.

"Yeah."

"I just wanted you to know that... I love you too."

He wasn't sure if he offended her or not, because for a minute she didn't respond. He was going to go for it. He leaned in slowly, pulling his mask down, and gently brushed his lips against hers. She tasted sweet, like pink sugar. She made the head on his shoulders dizzy and the head between his legs swell as he very gently kissed and sucked on her plump, pink lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in closer. When they finally separated, Mizuka brushed the messy white hair off his forehead and kissed it tenderly. Kakashi grinned.

"I've been waiting for that since the last time we kissed."

"I guess I can finally tell you how handsome you look without your mask."

"Nah, my face is all cut up and my Sharingan eye is always activated."

"I love it, and I love you."

"I love you too, Mizuka."