New Mission - Kakashi

"Well, Guy overdid it. By a lot. If I were Sakura, I probably would've knocked him out again."

"The entire exam seemed pointless."

Kakashi and Tsunade were sitting at a table in her usual bar, a bottle of sake and two cups between them.

"It was mostly a show for the elders."

Kakashi laughed.

"Yeah, a shit show."

Tsunade slung back her cup of sake.

"Well, you can't say that Guy was ineffective, Kakashi. The elders could barely take their eyes off of him. How did Ino do overall?

"She did poorly on the actual exam, I had to practically take it for her. Except for the arnica at the end, that was her. But she really caught fire when she saw that I was actually hurt. She did all of that on her own. And her bedside manner could rival Mizuka's."

Tsunade rested her chin on her hands, thinking.

"That's really interesting..."

Kakashi downed his sake.

"Hmm? What's that?"

"Well, this exam changes nothing: we already kow that Sakura is staying here and Ino is leaving. But, I wonder how much Ino will blossom under Mizuka's care."

"I bet she flourishes."

"I bet she does."

"Tsunade poured herself another cup.

"Lady Tsunade, how do you think Sakura will do under your care?"

"She'll be okay. This just isn't the time for her to train in Tenchi. Not under Mizuka's care. She'll do well here, but she won't get the experience of training in a sisterhood of healers. But, mostly, today I wanted to see how Ino did. And, with guidance, she'll be a great healer. And the sisterhood will be good for her; she'll gain confidence."

Kakashi finished his last drink and stood up.

"I'm gonna head home and get ready for tomorrow's mission.  Do you want me to walk you home, Lady Hokage?"

Ooh. Kakashi could feel the drunkeness setting in.

She laughed.

"No, I'm gonna stay here and finish this bottle. Just make sure you get to the right apartment, Kakashi."

"Will do. Goodnight."

Kakashi stepped out of the bar and headed home. The warm evening air felt good as he tried to keep his composure while walking down the street. Getting ready for tomorrow's mission meant reading a couple more chapters of Icha Icha Paradise and dreaming of his wife with his hand down the front of his pants, wondering if she's doing the same. And, tomorrow, he would begin his new 'mission:' spending a week in Tenchi getting Ino settled into her new role as his wife's student.