Depend On Me - Kakashi

"I'm her friend. She's depending on me."

Kakashi couldn't get over her comments to him. Although he had to admit, having her in his life was much better than not. Some evenings, he would come over to his house, or she would sneak to his apartment, that was, when her parents weren't home. They were gone more often than not, but when they were home, they were controlling. Kizashi and Mebuki Haruno kept her under lock and key, being under the impression that she was a troublesome child, which couldn't be further from the truth. It didn't make sense to Kakashi. He would pass by her window on nights her parents were home, throw a pebble through her window, and wave at her before continuing on. He rarely passed her during the day, but when he did, they wouldn't acknowledge each other, greedily keeping their secret meetings just that: a secret. He wasn't even sure why they clicked together so well: they were polar opposites. He was a serious, quiet kid who liked order and, when fed, she was bubbly and wild. They would spend most nights talking, mostly Mizuka, and he would listen. And she would often use him as a pillow as she spoke, and even slept. It felt nice to be needed not just for his shinobi skills. And depended on...