Chapter 9

So this chapter is dedicated to BringMoreKnives because I loved her story and it really helped my writing to improve! Thank you so much!  

______________ 

"But, where is he?" I asked myself, sitting down my the drinks and snacks, I didn't feel like eating though. "He should be here by now. It started like, an hour ago." 

Yeah, I spent that long looking; Almost an hour. This was the first time I had been asked to a dance, I guess it was to good to be true. I mean, who does that?! Asks a girl to a dance, and doesn't even show up. No, there has to be some good reason. 

Maybe he had a family emergency, or got hurt, maybe he forgot to ask someone to drop him off or to ask permission. There had to be a good reason behind it. Lucas wouldn't do that to me.  

****** 

*An hour later* 

I got up and left the gym, I wanted to make sure he wasn't out there for some reason. I wondered through vacant halls, and nothing. I just couldn't find him. I sighed and bit my lips as I pushed the door open, entering the gym again. 

I sat off to the side and twiddled my thumbs as my gaze fall. 

"It was supposed to be... Perfect." I thought to myself. "I was supposed to be dancing with Lucas and talking, laughing with him. 

"I looked around at everyone else that was having fun. They were getting what they wanted, dancing with their friends, laughing, having a good time. Meanwhile, there I was, all alone. 

One by one, kids left, leaving the room more and more empty, until it was just me. Music still softly played in the back round as I waited for my mom. Footsteps slightly echoed, but I ignored them, until whoever it was stopped in front of me. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, I looked up and saw Frank. He sat beside me. 

"Lucas didn't even show up." I answered with, my voice cracking as my gaze fell again, I continued to twiddle my thumbs. "So I'm just waiting for my mom."  

"I'm sorry Ally." He sympathetically said. "You don't deserve that." 

We sat in silence for the next few minutes. I was comparing what I thought it would be like, to what it actually was. It was horrible. I felt worthless. 

"You look beautiful, by the way." He broke the silence with. 

"Thanks." I replied. "but obviously not enough for my date to even show up."  

"Well then it's his loss." He stood up saying. 

I slowly looked up to see him holding out a hand for me to take. I was a bit hesitant, but took it. He pulled me to the middle of the room, where the music was a bit louder and placed a hand on my side, and took my hand in the other. 

I rested my hand on his arm. The corners of my lips turned up as we both realized how much we suck at dancing. We kept looking down at our feet, and I even stepped on his foot a couple times. 

"Owe." He laughed. "We really suck at this." 

"I know." I replied. "So, I take it you didn't fins a date? Where were you?" 

"No, I didn't." He explained. "I was cleaning out my locker." 

"Well, I'm glad you're here now." 

"Me too." He whispered, pulling me a bit closer to him. 

Frank was always there for me, even then. I still really hoped that Lucas had a really good reason for not showing up after asking me.