Chapter 23 - Day Seven

**Warning- Cato uses some very strong language, so be wary, please.** (I know that he always uses strong language, but some of it is a little worse, I guess.)

It's the middle of the afternoon on day seven, and three more tributes were gone, Thresh, Justin and Mandy. I had no idea how they were killed, but I was happy that it wasn't done by me or Cato.

I feel guilty, because even though I'm sad that they're gone, I'm also happy because it's making things easier for us to go home.

Justin was an okay guy. I never really had the chance to speak with him, so I couldn't say much about him other than he was an okay guy.

I was pretty sad about Thresh. I didn't know him much at all since he didn't speak to anyone other than Rue, but he still seemed like a nice guy. I think that when he found out about Rue's death, he was really upset about it.

As for Mandy, I didn't really know much about her, other than I killed her district member and she was hurt pretty bad about it. My thought was that maybe Thresh came in contact with the Careers and tried fighting them all, and he had gotten to kill Mandy but the others got him.

So, there are only four of us left: me, Cato, Peeta (who Cato calls Peter because he really 'doesn't give a fuck'), and Clove. I was afraid because I feel like today was going to be our last day. Cato has been talking non-stop about getting Peeta and making sure he's really hurt for what he did. I tried to calm him down on the Peeta situation, but last night, I had another nightmare about him and Cato went completely ballistic once I calmed down. He said that I started screaming in my sleep and that I thrashed around in his arms, kicking and punching him away.

Right now, the Capitol was drawing the remaining four of us to the Cornucopia. Last night, Cato and I slept and when we woke up the next morning, all of our supplies, with the exception of a few of our weapons, were gone and the Gamemakers were blaring on the speakers that we could get all of our things back at the Cornucopia.

So, that's where we were headed to possibly get some food and water. Cato was quiet, still revelling in the anger of me screaming to be left alone by Peeta's beast like claws and sharp teeth. He also wasn't talking to me because I tried to convince him to leave Peeta alone, again. I kept asking him not to torture Peeta with all the scenarios that he explained in graphic details, but it only made him angrier.

Instead of talking to me, he gripped my hand way too tightly and literally dragged me with him to the Cornucopia, nose flaring and eyes bulged. He was stomping like a giant ogre, ready to prey on his next victim.

I was really scared. I know that Cato told me he was going to get us both out of here, and I don't know what he did to make sure that happens, but we can't guarantee that neither I nor he will be killed in the midst of the chaos. I just didn't want it to come to Cato leaving me alone in this arena, or at all. If he died and I survived, I don't know how I would be able to cope without him. He has been the source of my happiness and support for the past two weeks. I don't want to leave him, and I definitely don't want him to leave me.

"Cato? Can we please stop for a second?" I asked after he pulled my arm for the umpteenth time. If he pulled one more time, I was sure that my arm would be dislocated and he would be walking with it instead of me.

Cato stopped walking and turned to look at me. "What? What is it?" he asked me, scanning my face.

"Um," I stuttered, "I'm just- I'm...I don't know," I sighed. I released my hand from his and ran it through my completely tangled hair. My fingers got caught and I had to yank them out.

Cato frowned down at me and stepped closer. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just scared," I admitted to him. I was scared of what could happen, and I know that we need to do it to finally be free, but I'm so scared that something bad is going to happen. I can feel it in my heart.