Chapter 8 - Training Day #2

Just another chapter for y'all. I think this one is exciting. Happy reading!

Day two. Day two of training. I wasn't even sure that I could handle day one, but I did, and now I was even more prepared for today.

Yesterday was pretty interesting, obviously because of Cato. I was surprised that he even acknowledged me speaking to him, and I was even more surprised that he didn't yell at me for it. I can tell that he thinks he's better than anyone and everyone, and that herbs game threw him off because he obviously was not the best.

Even though yesterday was good, today can be something totally different.

I slipped on the tight black jumpsuit that everyone had to wear for training. It made me a little bit uncomfortable because it accentuated areas that I was not too happy about broadcasting, especially to people that I don't know. Whatever, it's only one more day.

There was a knock at my door.

"Yes?" I called.

"Hey, are you ready? Effie's nagging for us to hurry," I heard Peeta say through the door.

I hurried and threw my shoes on and ran to the door, swinging it open quickly.

"Done. Let's go." I pulled the door closed and followed behind Peeta.

"So, are you ready for day two of this hellhole?" Peeta asks. We walk to the elevator, gladly without Effie, and press the button that goes down.

"Uh, yeah, I think so." I say. The elevator makes a ping sound and we stepped in and pressed the L button to the lobby area.

We stood in silence for a moment. "So what happened to you yesterday? One moment you were with 11 and then I didn't see you for a while," Peeta asks.

"Oh," I think for a moment. Could I really tell him where I went and that I was with Cato? I don't know. "I was helping out another tribute with herbs. It took a while." It was the truth, I just didn't tell him who it was with.

Peeta smiled wide. "Wow, getting us allies huh? Well, who was it?" he asks.

I widen my eyes. "Uh, no one too important. I don't think we'd be allies. It was just a little help."

The elevator stopped and the doors slid open, exposing us to the training center. We stepped out and I immediately saw Cato sparring with the girl from his District. He turned and saw me, and he grinned wide, licking his lips a little too seductively.

Peeta saw it and frowned down at me. "Did you see the way he just looked at you? He looked at you like you were something to eat," Peeta said with disgust.

"I don't think it was that serious," I answer quickly.

"But it's just the way he looks at you. Like he's gonna attack at any moment."

I glanced back at Cato. "I'm sure it's nothing. Maybe it's his way of trying to intimidate me before the Games," I said, trying to reassure him so that he doesn't find out about anything that he definitely shouldn't know. I'm sure that from now on he would keep his eye on Cato while I'm around.

Peeta eyed Cato warily. "I don't know. Come on," Peeta grabbed my hand, "let's go work on some camouflage techniques." He pulled me by my hand softly towards the camo section.

I glanced back at Cato, and he looked angry. Probably because of Peeta holding my hand. I blushed and turned away quickly, following Peeta.

We worked on technique, learning how to blend in with settings ranging from jungles to tundras. It was so cool learning how to use different resources, such as dirt and bark, to blend in with the environment. It made me feel like an artist that was free just for a moment, even though I was chained down in these Games.