Chapter 44 - Tour

There was a sharp knock on the front door at 8:00am sharp, waking me and Cato from our deep slumber. Not only was it super early in the morning, but I was enjoying a pleasant dream of Katniss setting up for a tea party with me.

Cato stood from the bed, completely void of any clothing other than his pajama pants, and went to open the door. He knew I was not going to get up to answer the door, so he was gracious enough to do it after using every swear word he could.

The knocking persisted until I heard Cato open the door. There was mumbling, and I distinctly heard Cato swearing at whoever was at the door. He was telling someone to leave and come back later.

Then... There was a clacking sound on the floor.

Oh no. No.

There's only one person I know that's persistent and wears loud heels. Only one person could force Cato away to get what she wanted. This could only mean one thing. I'm going on tour.

The door to our bedroom slams open and I duck my head under my sheets. I can see the vibrant orange of her hair through the white sheets, and it almost scares me. Peeta told me that orange was his favourite color. My body shivers unexpectedly.. he is the last person that I want to think about. What I want is to cuddle back in bed with Cato.

The sheets are snatched off of me, along with the warm duvet, and suddenly I'm staring up at Effie Trinket, who is carefully styled like the sunrise and sunset. Her hands were on her hips as she watched me with that domineering glare.

"It's time to get up! We have a big, big, big couple weeks ahead of us young lady!" she chirps, killing my ears. I watch Cato roll his eyes as he walks into the room.

Cato sits down on the bed, pulling me into his arms. "She fucking shoved me out of the way," he grumbles, staring at her like she was his next prey. "No one does that to me."

I rub his arms and yawn. "Isn't it too early for this?" I ask Effie. Surely, eight in the morning is not the time to kick off a tour. Most people aren't even awake at this time.

Effie scoffs and I almost roll my eyes at her. But, that's not something a 'young lady' would do. "I do not want to hear your sass. The prep team will be here shortly, so pack some things! The train leaves in thirty minutes."

Contrary to what she told me to do, instead of me packing my things, she goes to my closet and begins taking things out, throwing them onto the vast amount of floor around her.

"Can somebody get this bitch out of here?" Cato nearly yells. Effie was too far into the closet and didn't hear him, thank heavens.

I kiss his cheek and stand up. "You can't say no to Effie." I reach my hand out to pull him up with me. "Come on. We need to get ready to go." He stands up, placing a butterfly kiss on my collarbone. My hands trace his chest, marveling at the beauty of it all.

Effie's heels come clacking out of the closet, interrupting our little moment, with a huge suitcase rolling behind her. Cato goes to his drawers and begins pulling things out. Effie regards him curiously.

Cato turns to her and frowns. "What? I know I'm sexy and shit, but could you at least try not to stare?"

"What are you doing?" she asks him, eyeing his duffle bag.

"Packing my shit, what else does it look like?" he retorts, stuffing a pair of underwear into his bag.

Effie turns to me and crosses her arms. "He is not going."

I was about to protest, but Cato beat me to it. "If you or Snow think you're going anywhere with her without me, then you must be out of your fuckin' minds. Either we're both going, or no one is leaving this room, not even you." Effie is absolutely livid. I don't think anyone has defied her like that... anyone outside of Haymitch of course.