Ch.1 The Hybrid

PICTURE: LUKE, GENEVIEVE'S BEST FRIEND

"Genevieve?" I heard my father call me, from not too far away.

I closed the cap on my berry lip balm, stuffing it in my pocket, before walking to the main part of our shop.

"Yeah?" I smiled when I saw both my fathers cuddled on the black love seat against the wall.

"Don't stay too long at the hospital tonight. Your dad smelled a faint trace of a Rogue near the edge of the forest, during patrol." Spencer, my taller dad stated, looking serious.

"We don't want you to get hurt." My other dad, Nick, said.

My parents were the Betas in our pack and I was the only human, yet the pack had accepted me as their own. We were members of the Red Moon pack, located in Miami.

"OK. I should be done around eight and then I'll come back here, so we can drive home together." I agreed, sliding my bag over my shoulder. They both nodded afterwards planting a chaste kiss on my forehead.

"Bye, Love you." I called out as I left the shop and made my way to the packs hospital for children.

My fathers owned the shop and were the best herbs specialists for supernaturals, although we did get a few human customers too. The small brick building was warmly decorated, with many candles and a nice fire place. The main part was a large room, almost like a lounge and the back part is were we kept the herbs and other things. I spent most of my time there, if I wasn't at the children's hospital.

The kids there aged from infants to teens, they were all werewolves and most of them were in our pack. There weren't many kids because Werewolves had good health, but they did get the occasional flu. I often spent a few hours there reading stories, coloring or just simply hanging out with them. It was Tuesday, which meant Luke would be there too.

Luke, my friend, was the second son of the alpha. He didn't want to be a fighter in the pack, resulting in him getting a job at the local fire station but he still made time to come to the hospital.

***

"Luke can you tell us the story about the bad wolf?" Alex, a ten year old boy asked, grinning from ear to ear. Every supernatural has heard this story or another version, but it still had the same outcome. The kids were always scared after hearing the scary story of the bad wolf. Yet they seemed to love the thrill and the excitement they got from hearing about this man.

Luke chuckled at the children's anticipation as a few gathered around Luke and used their puppy eyes on him. I rolled my own eyes at Luke's unsure face, when we both knew he loved to tell this story.

"I guess this one time won't hurt. Everybody comfortable?" The children built a circle around Luke, one girl named Lily pulling me down into the circle too. Once everyone was ready, Luke began with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Many years ago in Europe, the Werewolf Princess was in love with a vampire. She didn't listen to her parents and neither did the vampire. They thought they were in love." The boys scrunched up their face at the mention of love, and the girls had a look of awe on their face.

"The Princess and the Vampire wished for a child, so they visited a witch who made it possible. But, when Princess Caroline gave birth to the young boy, she and the Vampire were disappointed. The baby was cold and pale but it had a heartbeat. When the child grew up, it was mean to others and showed signs of weird powers that nobody could explain. Caroline and the Vampire wished to have a normal child either a Wolf or Vampire but not both, not a Hybrid."

"The teenage boy was furious when he learned that he was different. He attacked his mother, killing her and the same with his father. He hates everyone and is cruel, like no one else. It is expected that he has no Soul-Mate because he has no heart. He goes by the name The Hybrid and now lives hidden."

I had goosebumps by the end of the story. I can't imagine meeting him, someone so cold. The story always gave me the chills. I even had nightmares up to the age of fifteen.

I know what your thinking but don't judge. I had heard a more nasty version of the Hybrid.

Luke smirked at me, while giving all the boys in the room a high-five. I stuck my tongue out, before getting up and going to color with a few of the girls.

***

I was about two minutes away from the shop, when I seen Alpha Hall and his Mate, Beatrice, the Luna. The older couple managed to catch my attention more than once. It was obvious they were mates, although if they were human, I still think they'd be together. Their eyes always glowed if they were around each other but that's how it always was with mates.

With Vampires it was the same deal, when they saw their soul mates.

Beatrice waved at me, a friendly smile on her pale face. I returned the gesture afterwards being approached by the couple as they crossed the street. I glanced down out of respect, avoiding the eye contact with Alpha Hall. I thought it was weird at first, but I grew up with the formalities and it became a routine.

"Alpha, Luna." I greet them.

"Genevieve, you should get home. You know you shouldn't be out this late without protection." Alpha Hall stated, in a fatherly tone.

The Alpha, Luna and my parents were always worried when I was out after sun down without anyone accompanying me. I understood it at first but now I'm twenty four, old enough to be out at night!

"It's only eight and I'm meeting my dads at the shop now." I reply, with a tight smile on my face.

Alpha Hall nodded in approval before staring at me with expecting eyes. I mentally rolled my eyes, reaching into my bag and pulled out my small harmful spray. It consisted of Vervain and Aconitum also known as Wolf's Bane. It was specially mixed by my fathers to protect me from Vampires and Werewolves.

The Alpha nodded his head once again, giving my a light pat on the shoulder. I put the bottle back in my bag, before saying goodbye and walking down to the shop.

Walking through the back door of the shop, I see my father Nick hurrying to prepare a potion. Sweat coated his forehead and his face was pale like he'd seen a ghost. It was surprisingly quiet, a little too quiet for my liking.

"Genevieve!" He whispered, a surprised look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my voice quiet too. I placed my bag down on a nearby stool, then looking over the herbs that he was mixing.

"You need to go home! Take my car keys and hurry! We'll be home soon." He demanded, his hands shook as he poured a red liquid into the pot.

"Why?" I wanted to know why he was acting so worried and scared.

"Genevie-" He raised his voice in anger but was abruptly cut off when the door swung open with a loud bang.

I turned my head to the red door connecting the main part to the back. My eyes landed on a very tall man with muscular physique.

"Genevieve?" he rumbled loudly, his voice practically bouncing off of the walls. That was enough for me to run out the back door and into the dark forest.

*****

So that's the official first chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed and for those who have already voted, I hope you vote again! If you have questions just comment or pm me and I'll try to answer as best as I can.  I update regularly Tuesdays or Sundays sometimes earlier.

Comment, Vote and fan! :)