26- Bringing Happiness

It has finally reached Monday and ever single person who stood outside to see the 8 Riches kids get dropped off were beyond surprised to see Carmen step out of the car with Amy and Savannah. She walked to Jacobs side, his hoodie was large on her and smelt faintly of him. It was nice and soothing. It was also great because she could hide a gun strapped to her stomach and a knife on each side of her. It worked better than her baggy hoodie.

She walked close to Jacobs side as they navigated their way through the school. Everyone stared at her and she didn't know whether to cower away from the attention or smirk in triumph. Jacob reached out and tucked hair behind her ear before slipping it under her brown wig. "You had some blonde showing. Can't have anyone know your secret now can we?" He had lent down to whisper in Carmen's ear and she bit down hard on her lip.

"You're an ass Fleming Junior. You ruined my ice cream after I was ever so graciously sharing." She scoffed as they got to their lockers, loud enough for the people around them to hear.

Jacob lent against his locker to look at Carmen. "You said my face was too cute to resist and that if I kept pulling it you'd give me a belly rub. Plus you did drop a cold ice cream and slobber covered spood down my shirt. It wasn't my fault. At least not entirely." He was smirking and Carmen was trying very hard to not kiss him.

Scowling she threw her locker open and ducked as mashed potatoes flew at her. It went over her head and hit Carlos as he stopped behind them. "Oh come on. First mint chocolate ice cream and now mashed potatoes. What other food item do you plan on covering my shirt in next Carmen?" His nose wrinkled as he pulled his shirt off in the middle of the hallway.

Carmen rolled her eyes as a large majority of females fainted or swooned at the sight. "Put a shirt on Carlos or you will be smothered by plastic cake faced bimbos." She swapped out the things she needed for the things she didn't and slung her bag over her shoulder. "Plus Jacob. Yes you looked cute. Puppy cute. I will not be giving you a belly rub until you do something that makes me fall to my knees and beg for the privilege of the gods body you call your own." A smile pulled at her lips as she pats his cheek and walks away towards art with the 8 Riches kids laughing their ass off while Jacob stood dumbstruck.

As she rounded the corner to art she came across Belle. In tow she had the stuck up girls who reminded Carmen of Disney princesses. Hence why Carmen calls them the stuck up Princesses of LA.

There was Belle of course. A girl with cherry red hair called Ava. The red hair makes Carmen think of Ariel yet Ava would never go near a pool or ocean in fear of ruining her make up. There was the blue eyes blonde called Ella who was of course Cinderella. Then there was Whitney. The girl with short black hair and lips always painted red which reminded Carmen of Snow White.

Sighing Carmen folded her arms over her chest. Smiling sickly sweet she looks directly at Belle. "Yes?"

Belles nose wrinkled in disgust as if Carmen was something on the bottom of her 5 inch heels. "Is that one of my Jakey's hoodies?" Her eyes narrow to slits and Carmen stiffened. Campbell appeared by the art room door with his hood pulled low yet he heard what Bella just said and cringed.

Carmen took a step towards Belle. "He is not yours Belle. Never was. Never will be. Yes this is Jacobs. He let me wear it today because I didn't have a spare after the staying the night at his place. He's nice to cuddle with you know. Oh wait. You wouldn't know because you've never been anywhere near his place unless you were going on one of your freak show stalking mission with the stuck up snobs you call friends. Now you'd better move so I can get to art before I move you myself." The threat was real and the girls step to the side too shocked to say anything back. Carmen has never caught back before. Yet this is a whole new Carmen now. They haven't seen nothing yet.

Storming to the art rooms he stops in front of Campbell. "Remind me to never get on your bad side." He chuckles.

"Never get on my bad side."

"Noted."

Smiling she leads the way into the class and sits down in her usual seat. Campbell sitting beside her. When class started Ivory had a whole new perspective for her project and had gotten so involved in her work that she didn't notice Campbell hadn't started. He just stared at a page in his book, his hand gripping his pencil slightly too tightly.

She finally looked up and frowned. "Hey, what's up?"

He shook his head yet made no move to start. Carmen looked at the page and froze. A girls face stared back at her. "Is that her?" She lent forwards.

"Yeah. She sent me a text this morning. A deal went backwards and she has to leave the country. She doesn't know for how long. Could be days. Weeks. Months. Years even. We don't know when we'll see each other in person again." He sounded heartbroken. Carmen sighs and looks at the picture, studying how carefully he'd drawn her. The detail he'd put into it was amazing.

"Well it's a good thing you have me as a friend then huh?" She pulls out her phone and takes a picture of Campbell's drawing before he could argue.

He stared at her as she pulled out another sketch book and swiftly began drawing. It wasn't long before Campbell could see it was a males face. It was quickly drawn yet still had depth and detail. More than most people can achieve after hours of work. Taking a picture of it she sent them off with a text. "There. Problem solved. If he sets foot anywhere near her. Or if any of his men go anywhere near her they will be shot. Now she can stay and you can start your work. I don't want to have an unfair advantage on this assignment mister so get working." Campbell grinned under the hood so wide Carmen struggled to stifle a laugh.

For the rest of the class they went on in silence. Both grinning. Campbell because he was glad to have Carmen as a friend and Carmen because she loves helping. Especially if it brings someone as much happiness as Campbell just got before.

It was near the end of the class when Carmen realised that the crush on Campbell was long gone. She began to wonder if it was only there because she was scared of accepting Jacob. Scared that the person she's dreamed about for so many years was actually real and right in front of her. She wondered whether it was because she didn't know how to let people in any more and she knew that Campbell would never like her like that so it was safe. Her thoughts swirled. Into her art as her perspective grew.

No longer was it about an abuse of power. Now it was the guardians that hid their true intentions behind a facade of being cold and harsh.

The 8 Riches kids.