16- You're A Nerd, A Model, A Killer

Jacob Fleming

I kinda just stand there staring at the person in front of me as she quickly types away ona laptop before slamming the top shut. Bella was pacing back and forth across the room glancing at me every few seconds. Not a word has been spoken for 24 minutes and counting.

The person who I thought was Carmen who is actually her sister Ivory faced me. Head cocked to the side. "You gonna talk Jacob? It's kinda worrying how quiet you are after what I told you."

I stare at her eyes. Carmen's eyes. But Carmen was never alive. She died years ago. This is her twin. Not Carmen. I fell for someone who didn't exist. I fell for a dead person.

"You made her seem so real." Was all I could manage to say aloud.

Ivory sighed. "That's because I became her. I've been Carmen ever since she died. It was all part of the contract. If one of the twins is killed the living one must take the place of the dead one until they can exact their revenge. Carmen died. I took her place. Now I'm going to kill the Diablos and Da-" she stops herself from continuing shaking her head. "The Diablos and the people who currently employ Carmen." She changed the sentance as she looked away.

Bella sat down in a chair and rubbed at the bar codes on her wrist. "You can't kill all of them Ivory. They spawn like roaches. They're everywhere and you don't have enough contacts or allies to even try take down the top dog."

Ivory scoffs. "Oh please. You don't even know who the top dog is. If you did then you'd have a lot more faith in me."

She sounds like Carmen. Damn it she was Carmen. Carmen doesn't exist anymore. Get it together Jacob. Pull your head in.

Ivory studied me and I fear she knows what I was thinking. "I'd course I know who the top dog of the Diablos are. I've known for years." Bella Sharp tone brought our attention back to her. The glare she wore made me shiver. She is terrifying. "The top dog is Blaze Diablo." I know that name. Frowning I take a seat and think.

Ivory laugh interrupts me mid thought and I can't help but look up at her. "Oh please. The top dogs last name isn't Diablo. His mother was a Diablo. His father was someone who is a mutual enemy of ours who I gladly had the liberty of shooting in the face."

That's when it clicked and I shot upright. "She's telling the truth Bella. Blaze can't possibly be the Diablos top dog."

Bella looked at me sharply. "And how would you know that Jacob?" She pressed and I force myself to not avert my eyes.

"Because Blaze is very much dead." I sigh, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

Bella stiffened. "Impossible. He could just be pretending to be dead. They are very good at that. Whatever you saw was probably just staged." She relaxed and folded her arms loosly.

My fists clench. "What is it about me that you don't like Bella?"

Ivory choked on air in surprise and Bella looked as if she was about to be sick. "W-what makes you say that?" Her tone was forced and there was the barest hint of a stutter. Bella never stutters. She was definitely hiding something.

"You never believe anything I say. You don't listen to me when I have valid information to give. Take this moment right now for an example. I've just told you that the person you think is top dog is dead yet here you are practically laughing at me. What I saw was not staged. I am 100% sure of that." I yell. My fists stay clenched, nails biting into my palms.

Bella stood. "He isn't dead. I saw him yesterday."

My mind goes back to what I saw and I fallback into the seat, gripping my hair tightly as I shook my head. Trying to get the images away. "Who you saw yesterday was the guy who killed him. His twin Eston Diablo." My head flooded with the gruesome images and I feel my body start shaking. They won't go away.

"He doesn't have a twin." Bella snaps.

"And Ivory Lockwood is dead." I yell back eyes burning with tears of remembrance.

Ivory looked as if she wanted to comfort me but couldn't.

Bella looked as if she'd been slapped in the face with a fish. Long story.

I probably looked kinda insane.

"I highly doubt that a Diablo has the ability to trick Anna's DNA gear." I slump back. Body shivering from the sudden burst of adrenaline that had kicked in along with the haunting images I can't get rid of. "Plus I don't think they have the ability to stage a decapitated kill. When Eston fleas with the body he dropped the head without knowing it. I got it to Anna who tested it and found out that it was Blaze Diablo. She tested some fibers to find them covered in Estons DNA. We did some searching to find out that Eston supposedly didn't survive past childbirth."

Bella shook her head and started pacing again. "It can't be true."

"Blaze was doing well with his life. Eston killed him to take his place. Nobody would know because Eston suppose to be dead." Again the images come back and I cringe.

There was blood everywhere. Blazes eyes were wide with horror and betrayal. Eston was grinning and laughing. His laughs till echoes in my head before I go to sleep some nights and this happened last year.

Bella looked over at Ivory as she paused. "For a twin to kill their twin for power and money... Its horrible."

Ivory tore her eyes from me. "They're Diablos. Everything they do is horrible."

Blaze wasn't horrible. Is what I wanted to say yet I couldn't get the words out. Too much has happened in one day. It's getting too much to handle.

A look of pain seemed to come across Ivory face before she walked over and sat beside me. "I'm sorry the girl you fell for wasn't who you thought she was." She kept her eyes down and I couldn't stop the small smile from forming in my face.

"I just found out the girl I like is dead and the person who's playing her is also playing a model but in reality she's a lethal killer who puts Brett on edge and makes Bella flinch. What's wrong about that?" I laugh.

Yup. I am going insane.

Ivory seems shocked as she hermes up straight. Long strawberry blonde hair falling over her face. The eyes match this colour better. They seem more alive. Probably because this is the real her. This is what she really looks like.

"I think you're going into shock a little Jacob." She put the back of her hand in my forehead. I didn't move away. I just smiled.

"You're a nerd, a model and a killer. I want to get to know how they all fit into you. I want to get to know the real you. The Ivory Lockwood you."

Ivorys hand drops. Bella froze to the spot. I keep smiling.

God shock is gonna make my cheeks hurt.

A smile pulls onto Ivorys face as she ignored the sharp warning glare from Bella. Bella must have known she wasn't going to get though to Ivory so she stormed out. The door swinging shut and the locking behind her. Ivory smirks as she stood and grabbed her brown wig, coming back to stand right in front of me and help me to my feet. Her hand stayed tightly locked around mine as she spoke. "I think I can manage that. But right now Carmen needs to rise from the dead and teach you how to do maths."