33- Jacob Admits His Love

Jacob Fleming

It's been hell not having Ivory around. I've tried to get over it but the harder I try the more it hurts. The more I realize how incredibly hard I'd fallen for her.

Campbell and Taylor were going nuts about the new girl. She had black hair and dark blue eyes. Her eyes looked familiar yet there was so much pain in them that they obscured the slightly. Preventing me from figuring it out. She was there in the hall when I got my soccor jacket from my locker. The jacket Ivory had. There was a note saying turn around. When I did, there was the new girl. She turned away so I could only catch a glimpse of her.

She turned up during PE. The teacher and her fought after she gave him a note. Then suddenly he was on the ground groanigg and Taylor looked as if she'd seen a ghost. She started talking about him being an exterminator and it wasn't long before I realize she was talking about Ivorys business. The guy worked for Ivory. Ivory did say she had people in the school. Then she walked away and easily jumped the fence after saying something about Taylor talking to her brother for instructions. When she walked away and was in the distance she pulled off what was a black wig to reveal blonde hair. There was something about her voice too. It was so familiar yet with all the pain I couldn't make out where the familiarity came from.

My mind is working so hard to make everything click that I was getting a headache. When we asked Campbell about her he was both excited and angry. He refused to tell us her name only saying we needed to go to the far corner of the school at lunch.

So that's what we're doing now. Waking across the field to the spot Campbell had said. He and Taylor were talking to each other quietly to avoid anyone else hearing. "Jacob you should eat something. You haven't eaten anything since breakfast yesterday." Jamie prods my side and I glare at him.

"I'm not hungry alright. Don't push me." I didn't mean to sound so harsh but I didn't apologise either.

"Jacob Fleming I swear on the dead devil's grave if you don't eat something voluntarily right now I will forcefully shove food down your throat." At the voice snapping at me from ahead of us everything clicked into place and I stagger.

My whole body going weak. Jamie and Max grab hold of me to stop me from falling completely. "Ivory." I lift my head to see the girl who disappeared from my life walking pit of the shadows. She looked as bad as I did.

She stops and rested against a tree. "It would have been easier if you told them the fake new girls name. It would have given him time to prepare himself at least." Everything about her screamed pain. Not physical pain, but emotional, mental pain.

Campbell shrugged. "He would have choked on air if I told him the new girls name was Carmen Ashmore. I wanted it to be a surprise."

Ruby stormed forwards and Ivory stumbles back. Her footing slipped and she fell to the ground, now it was physical pain that etched itself onto her face. "How could you just leave us all like that?" Ruby yelled as she stopped in front of Ivory, fists clenched tightly. She seemed oblivious to the fact Ivory was injured. Everyone did it seemed. They all looked angry. "Why the hell did you come back? I thought you said youd never come back because being around Jacob would kill you because it was your fault." Ruby threw her hands into the air.

Everyone seemed bewildered by how angry Ruby was right now. She's never been like this. Ivory looked down. "I came back because I'm half dead alright. I'm tearing myself apart." She forced herself up and I could see how much it hurt. Her dark clothes seemed darker in places. When she lifted her shirt we all cringe. Her stomach was laced with cuts and bruises. All dripping blood down onto her clothes. None of them were bandaged.

"I've been punishing myself every single day because of what I did. I thought Jacob would get better. I thought leaving would be better for him. But every day he gets worse. I never really left. I've been watching all of you from a distance." She let her shirt fall back into place and her eyes find mine.