20- Jacob Is Screwed

Jacob Fleming

Jamie snickered as he swung and I blocked it. "So you and the killer huh?" I block another hit before swinging hard and decking him in the jaw.

He stumbled back in shock. "Touchy subject I see. How very dangerous of you." I glare at his teasing.

"Just shut up Jamie. It's complicated alright." I get ready for him to attack again.

Bella starts laughing half way through fighting Alysha. "Complicated doesn't even begin to describe your situation Jacob. Your situation is so bad that I'm surprised you aren't dead yet." I send her a glare before grabbing Jamie's fist and pulling to flip him over my shoulder. He landed hard and everyone stopped to state.

"Yeah well I found out why he isn't dead yet and I really, really wish I could take back my actions of when I was 6." Ivory dropped down out of nowhere causing everyone to flinch.

Bella groans. "What did you do?"

"I may or may not have accidentally claimed him." My eyes widen as I state at Ivory cringe and drop her head. She still wore my jacket tightly around her yet she now wore jeans instead of shorts.

Alysha walked forwards slowly. "In what way?"

Ivory raised her hand a over her hand then slowly lowered each finger one by one till she formed a fist. Alysha burst into fits of laughter. "That was you? Oh my god this is priceless." All of a sudden everyone jerks back as Ivory swiftly flips Alysha to the ground, foot on her back.

"This is not a laughing matter. Get it through your head. Jacob has been claimed by Black Phoenix." Ivory snapped.

Alysha throws Ivory off and leaps quickly to hold her down. My hands clench into fists by my side. "You shouldn't be messing around with names like that girl. You're messing with dangerous people." Alysha lent down and I swear she looked like she wanted to tear Ivory throat out to keep her quiet.

Ivory closed her eyes. "Seriously Ghost girl. I thought you were better than this. What happened to you? You were the girl who could fight without training for crying out loud. I am the Black Phoenix and Jacob is completely and utterly screwed." She reopened her eyes and waited. Alysha stood and looked over at me.

"Sorry Jacob but she's right. You're screwed."

I was shocked. Actually more than shocked. I was so far past shocked that I just sat down and lost all feeling throughout my body. "What do you mean by my son is screwed?" Dad snarled as he walked closer. Mum looked as if she was close to tearing the place apart as well which didn't help matters.

Ivory climbed to her feet and I notice a patch of blood on the ground where she had been laying. Quickly standing I walk over and put my hand on her back to find it sticky and warm with blood. Ivory glanced back at me, an apologetic look on her face. Before she or anyone else could speak Ruby did spoke from where she sat to the side watching. "Ivory isn't just a killer. She's Black Phoenix. I'm shocked you don't know her honestly. Black Phoenix is the Devil Hunter. She hunts down and kills Diablos. She has a bar code on her ankle to prove it."

All eyes shift to Ruby who shrugged. "You learn to become observant by sitting on the sidelines all the time." She looks at Ivory who flinched under her gaze.

"Thanks for pointing out the bar code." Ivory snapped but Ruby didn't even flinch. Odd.

I pull my hand away from Ivory's back, my fingers stained with her blood. "You should get that rewrapped before you lose too much blood." I push Ruby's words to the back of my head. My worries now focused of the fact Ivory is bleeding.

"Fine." She pulled my jacket off as she walked to sit ona backless bench. The bandage she wore wrapped around her was dark red from her blood on the back.

"What happened?" Amy slowly approached as I hurry to grab a first aid kit.

"I was punished." My whole body froze and it seemed everyone else was the same apart from Bella whos face was twisted with guilt.

"What for?" Campbell croaked as he cleared his throat.

Ivory glanced at him before quickly looking away as if it hurt. "Carmen talked to Jacob. She told him things she wasn't suppose to say aloud ever. They wouldn't dare hurt Carmen because they knew if they did then they'd be shot dead by their boss for it. So instead they whipped me and cut me and punched me. Its better me than her. Always better me than her." Her voice took on a hollow tone and I cringe. What she said has more than one meaning and it hurt that I knew what it was.

But what really hurt was the fact this all happened because of me. "I swear to god Jacob if you start blaming yourself for this I will never kiss you again." Ivory snapped and I cringe as all eyes flew to me.

"You two have kissed?" Savannah gasped. I know what she's thinking. She knew I was having girl problems. This fact doesn't help.

I stay quiet as I walk quickly to Ivory and begun working to redo her bandage. The whip marks on her back looked nasty and deep. She didn't move as I worked on cleaning and rebandaging. Lucky for me blood doesn't have as much effect on me anymore. Not after Eston killed his brother Blaze. When finished she smiled and kissed my cheek. "Thank you." She whispered before standing and walking out the door, leaving me wondering what the hell.

"Jacob dear? Do you think you could explain to us what the hell is going on?" Mums voice when from soft to rageful yet I don't move. Usually I'd cringe. But not this time. I was two dumbstruck to properly react.

Slowly standing I hear a door slam in the distance. "Yeah. About that. You see I like living and all so even though nobody else out there will kill me because I'm claimed by the Devil Hunter, Ivory still would probably kill me or torture me until I plead for dead the millionth time. So I'm going to go make sure she doesn't do anything stupid like going off to kill the boss while I leave you guys to finish here before having breakfast." I smile weakly as I clean everything up and sprint from the gym to find Ivory walking towards the gate, bag slung over her shoulder.

Racing closer I grab her around the waist to pull her to a stop. "Oh no you don't. You are staying here where we can make sure you're safe and so you can have breakfast." Pulling her towards my house she huffs in annoyance.

"But I don't want to. I want to go kill the bad guy so you can be safe." She whines with a pout.

God she's cute.

Forcing her to sit I begin cooking bacon and eggs. There's the slightest movement and I spin, throwing a knife from the block beside me. It pins her shirt to the chair and she glares daggers. Grinning I keep cooking. "Cheer up darling." I plate up the food and push a plate over to her. "Now eat." I even shock myself by how hard my voice was. By the startled look on Ivory's face I can tell she feels the same.

She's reluctant at first but I smile as she begins to enjoy it. Satisfied I too start eating and finish before her. "We're you being serious about never kissing me again?" I lean against the counter and watch as she paused before quickly finishing and wiping her mouth.

"I wouldn't like it but yes." She lent forwards slightly. Lips twisted into a lopsided smile that I found irresistible.

"So you enjoy kissing me?" Slowly I walk around to stand beside her. Her head tilts back to look up at me.

She smirks. "I've kissed you once so I can't possibly have enough data to be able to make a strong enough conclusion." She pulled out the knife from the chair and placed it on the counter.

Leaning down her eyes widen slightly. "Well why don't I help with that?" Before she can speak I kiss her. She tastes like bacon.

She smiled and kissed me back. As her arms wrap around my neck I realize that maybe this could work. If it can't then to hell with it. I will make this work. I like this girl. I've known the real her for barely a day but I like her. She's feisty. Dangerous. Terrifying.

It makes her perfect.