21- Family Business: Extermination

It took everyone some getting use to having Ivory around. But it wasn't long before they all grew a liking to her. By mid Sunday they were lounging on the roof of the gym in the sun.

All was well as they chatted and laughed. Until Ivory got a call from an unknown, privated number on her Ivory Lockwood phone. When she saw it she let out a shriek and jerked off Jacobs lap onto the roof. Answering she went from terrified to terrifying. "Who the hell is and how the hell did you get this number? Careful how you answer or I will hunt you down and skin you alive." She hissed as she stood and sat back across Jacobs lap and rested her head against his chest, his arms looping around her protectively.

"Well hello to you too bestie. I hope that's not how you greet all your best friends." The laugh that answered made Ivory relax, her eyes drifting closed with a sigh of relief.

"Hang on a minute V. I'm putting you on speaker. Meet Black Phoenix's new friends." She put it on speaker and held it out as everyone yelled their greetings.

There was a seconds silence before the girl replied. "Seriously Ivory. You're sitting on Jacob Fleming lap? Have you completely lost your mind?"

Ivory face burned as she laughed. "I hate how you work out those things. It's a nice trick though."

"Of course it is. Mother taught me." There was sadness to her voice that everyone caught.

Ivory cringed. "Of course. She was one hell of a woman. How is you father handling it? Has it got any better?" Resting back further into Jacob she put her phone on the table beside them.

"He still isn't working. He doesn't leave the property much unless he's hunting or taking the horse for a ride. He mixes the two sometimes. But at least he's out of the house now. So yeah. It's gotten better." Again the sadness was caught easily yet there was another emotion right underneath but still out of their reach.

Ivory sighed. "That's good. How are you doing?" She cautioned, not sure she really wanted to ask.

"I am the only source of income. Luckily because I'm such a hit that I'm beating the men there are some frigate investors who pay extra every time I win. I lasted 32. 68 seconds on The Miller the other day during practice. That is until he threw me right across the corral and into the hay stack. Dislocated a finger and got some hay in my eye but otherwise it went well." She replied with a laugh. What she said confused everyone apart from Ivory who laughed. It was cut short when her friend continued. "However I rang because things just got not so good. Took me hours to get your number you know. I had to go hunting through people I really hate socialising with to find someone who had it. Sorry but Jose won't be calling you. Ever. I accidentally made him cut his tongue off. Long story so doesn't even ask." She sighed heavily and Ivory sat up.

"What is it V? Have they found you?" She snatched her phone from the table holding it tightly in her hand.

The girl snorts. "It's not that bad. It's just weird bad. Like really weird bad. Guess who's dead body I had to wrestle out of an aligators mouth in my backyard yesterday morning." She spoke with a sudden hostility that put all on edge. Ivorys breathing quickened.

"V, now isn't the time for guessing games. Who was it? Tell me now before I fly down there and hit it out of you." She snapped.

"Eston Diablo. But that was only the beginning. The alligator didn't want to give him up so I killed it and found Blaze Diablos half digested body already in its stomach. Someone clearly wanted to dump the brothers. Blazes death was by decapitation due to the missing head and clean slice through his neck. Estons death was fresh. Like scary fresh and it wasn't by alligator." Jacob coughed in shock and Bella looked more worried than usual. Ivory didn't move. Until she smiled.