14- Diablo + A Table Leg

After the photoshoot Ivory stood out on the balcony of the top floor to the building. She'd changed clothes and really wanted to get out of the way of everyone. The way they looked at her shoulder made her feel like a lion in a cage at a zoo.

The slight creak of a footstep behind her and the almost silent chink of a knife made her duck to the side. The knife skimmed past her. She spun and drove her elbow into their face, causing a splurge of blood to come from their nose. His eyes darken as he glares at her. She imediantly recognized them as a Diablo.

"Oh hell no." She screeched and dived. She tackled him and they went crashing through the railing to the floor below. They land on a table which splintered below them. "You did not show your face here." Ivory stood as she wiped his blood from her face.

"Well what can I say. We're a determined family." He stood. All around them everyone had bristled and we're readying themselves fir a fight.

Ivory snarled. "You aren't determined. You're stupid." She spun and jumped. Her foot connected with his head sending him sprawling. "You Diablos need to learn the difference. If you were determined then you would have brought a minimum of 25 people. Because any less and I kill them. I will kill you all one by one for destroying the Lockwood family." Ivory stepped over the table and and grabbed one of the shattered legs.

"Tell hell I miss it." She growled before using all her strength to five the splintered end of the leg through his chest. He coughed and his body twitched, blood flowing from his mouth and chest.

"You people killed Ivory Lockwood and she's coming back with a vengeance." She whispered eyes dark and deadly before she stood and wiped the blood off her hands onto her jeans.

All eyes were on her. "Hey. I know you all want the Diablos dead and frankly you could use the help." She walks over to her hooded boyfriend of sorts who was smirking under the hood.

"Shall we go darling?" He slipped a hand around her waist and guided her towards the stairs. Her body shaking with rage.

"Carmen won't stay asleep forever. She will wake and there will be nothing that will be able to stop her from tearing this god forsaken world apart to get revenge on those who killed her family." Ivory yells and everyone goes stiff as the door slams behind Ivory as she stepped outside.

Jacobs hands shook and he stuffed them in his pockets. The fed body of the Diablo twitched on the floor. Blood making a trail from the broken table to where he lay. "Best day of my life." Anna grinned and everyone stared at her as if she'd grown tan extra head.

Her hands raised defensively. "I'm being serious here. I came here expecting to be surrounded by models who are all about dresses and makeup. But no. Every single one of them knows how to kick ass. I even got to see one of them in action and it was a Diablo that she took down. Come on people. How often is it you see a model who looks like Ivory take down a Diablo like the dead guy over there?" She held one hand on her hip, the other pointing to the body.

"Anna has a point. But I think there's also the added rush because the Diablos have been plaguing the family since they killed Antonios mother." Claire points out. Everyone has to agree.

Jacob stared at the place they'd broken through the railing. "Ivory Lockwood was Carmens twin wasn't she?" He didn't look at anyone. Worried by what they would see.

"Yes." Ashley eyes me curiously.

Turning Jacob walks to the stairs. Not saying a word he leaves. Everyone is too shocked to follow. But when they do they find he's disappeared. There was no sight of him on the streets when they searched down alley ways they caught not one single sign of him. He was gone. He'd vanished into thin air. It was as if he was never there in the first place.

But he was there. He was just where they weren't looking. He wasn't on the ground but on the roof. He watched them searching for him. Sighing he pulls out his phone and dials Carmens number.

"Jacob? Why are you calling me?" Jacob sighs and sits down, pulling his knees to his chest as he heard her voice.

"I'm sorry."

Carmen coughs in surprise. "Huh?"

"I'm sorry for everything I ever did to you Carmen. I'm sorry for what happened to your family. I'm sorry I made an enemy of you instead of a friend because frankly I always wanted to be." Jacob stares out at the city and the sky above him which began to darken slowly.

Carmen was silent for a while. "If you always wanted to be my friend why beat me?"

He sighs and drops his head down onto his knees. "I was scared."

"Go home Jacob. Just go home." Her voice a quiet whisper.

A jolt raced through Jacobs body. "How did you know I wasn't home? I hope you haven't been stalking me." He couldn't hold back the harshness. Regretting it instantly.

But instead of biting back Carmen laughs. "I do pay attention to the news you know Jacob. Please just go home." She hung up, leaving Jacob grappling for words.

Deciding to follow her advice he slips down from the roof and out onto the street, scaring his brother into slipping on a patch of slippery concrete and falling over. "Jesus Jacob. Where the hell were you? And where the hell did you come from?" He snaps at his brother as he stood to brush himself off.

The harsh look falters as he looks at the tired and drained look his twin wore. "Jacob? You alright?"

"I want to go home. Now." There was no arguing with him so they gather the others to all get home.

Upon arriving they climb from their cars and stare at the roof of the Fleming house. Sitting there was a girl with brown hair, knees to her chest with her arms wrapped around them. Her eyes land on Jacob and she stands. Moving to the edge she jumps down and rolls to her feet.

"It's a nice change to see you looking horrible instead of me you know Jacob." There was a teasing note to her voice which almost made him smile.

Slowly Carmen walks over. Everyone was too shocked and confused. "There was no need to apologize. Life is life." She stares up at Jacob and he nods.

"But that doesn't make it right. Your family helped ours to be safe. Yet we could never help yours." Jacobs words hit Carmen hard.

She shrugs it away. "Life isn't fair. It takes what it wants. We can't do anything about it." What happened next shocked everyone.

Carmen reached out and pulled Jacob into a hug. He pressed his face into her neck, eyes clenched shut. "You could have told me you were scared. I've had years of experience for getting over my fears." She held onto him and he didn't dare try to let go of her.

"I wish things didn't have to be this way." He whispered.

Carmen grins. "What other way would it be?" She let go and stepped away, head tilted to the side.

Jacob went rigid. Carmen laughs at the look. "Oh jeez. Calm down. Now hurry up and follow me." She turned and walked down towards the gym.

"Why?" Jacobs uncertainty made Carmen laugh again and walk back.

She grabbed his collar and pulled him down so she could whisper in his ear. Her voice soft, kind. Something Jacob hasn't heard from Carmen before. "I'm going to teach you how to cause an injury but without the pain. I see the look in your eyes when I wince and cry out when you hit me Jacob. I know how it hurts you. I plan to take that hurt away for both of us."