11- Dante Win

Carmen gripped the rail in front of her. She spilt. She spilt to Jacob Fleming. Even worse. Now Bella isn't here to stop them. Now she gets her punishment and there's nothing she can do about it.

The whip cracked, slicing through the skin on her back. Pain flared through her body. Biting on her tongue she tasted blood. Holding in her cries of pain she stood her ground. Not daring to show weakness as the whip hits her back repeatedly.

"Carmen Lockwood must report to work. The photographer called to say Ivory Ashmore is needed immediately for a photo shoot." All Carmen could see of the woman who spoke was a pair of bright pink stilettos.

The whip holder grunted and left the room. Footsteps echoing off the walls. Still Carmen didn't move. Her body screamed with pain. She knew if she moved her scream would break through and she would end up on the floor. Unable to move. Only able to whimper and cry. "You are needed Carmen." The woman in the pink stilettos spoke again. This time a lot harsher.

"I can't move. Send him up to treat my whip wounds. Now." Carmens tone was equally as harsh and her words held more danger. The woman didn't argue. The person she is to go fetch isn't one that you should mess with. At all.

It was a couple minutes later when the door smashes open and a pair of polished black shoes enter her vision. "Oh Carmen. Getting yourself into trouble again." They kneel down, placing a first aid kit beside them.

Carmen lifted her head slightly to look at them. Her promised husband to be. A gorgeous male two years older than herself. Sandy blonde hair, sea blue eyes. Broad shoulders, strong, athletic build of a fighter. A very dangerous fighter. He smiles as he lifted a hand to cup her cheek, the scar from the corner of his lips to his chin stretched. A white line against soft tan.

"You know I do it all for you. Dante." Carmen laughed weakly but her laugh ended up becoming a hiss of pain.

Dante Win. The grandson of the Damien Win. Son of Damiens son. Cousin of Damien Win Jones who was the son of the original Damiens daughter. "Like I keep saying. It's fine to get into a few fights at school but not with these people here. I don't want to lose you Carmen. You're very precious to me." His softly spoken words should have made her feel warm and happy. But they instead sent chills down her spine. Causing her even more pain.

"I know," Carmen closed her eyes. "Can you please fix me up? Ivory Ashmore is needed at work but she can't go if I can't move." Dantes hand slid off her cheek.

Pulling the first aid kit open he grabs the necessary supplies before working on Carmens back. It burned with pain at first until a cream of sorts was applied. Numbing the pain into nothing. "Do you think you could come with me? You know, sit on the sidelines, hood pulled down to hide your face?" She looked over her shoulder to watch Dante. Hoping to get some sort of a reaction.

He stopped what he was doing. There's the reaction. "You know I don't go into the open Carmen. If people find out I exist then we have a very big problem." Dante gently began placing bandages over the tears in her skin.

"I know but I want you to be there to help me if something happens. Please babe?" She pleaded desperately. Dante sighs. Smiling. A good look on his face.

"Fine. But nobody sees my face. Nobody. I can't have people know that I'm an exact replica of my grandfather. If the 8 Riches or their kids see me they're going to recognize me and I'm going to have to make a run for it. Which means that I'll have to leave you." His smile turns sad as he looked at Carmens face. Taking in her features.

She turned slowly. The cream blocking the pain. Placing her hands on either side of his face she smiles. "If you have to run then I'm running with you. I need you Dante. Without you I have nothing to live for. You're all the family I have." The words burned her tongue yet she showed no sign of it.

Dante brightened. "I love it when you call me family." Turning Carmen back around he finished applying the bandages.

Upon finishing he helps her to her feet, slipping an arm around her waist for support. "I'll take you to your room so you can make yourself into a model while I find something to wear." His grip around her was firm, protective.

Everyone they met in the halls either pressed as far into the walls as they could or scurried like frightened mice through the closest door. Carmen and Dante are known as the power couple. They hold the power to kill any one of them whenever they want. They're often the ones who get to do the killing as well. Everyone knows that when they're together they're dangerous and extremely deadly.

"Wear a dark blue hoodie. Or a grey one. They look the best on you." Carmen smiled as they got to her door. This time her words were very true. He's a handsome guy. There's no denying it.

Dante kissed the side of her head before letting her go completely. "Will do." As he walks away from her it felt as if a great weight had been lifted off her chest.

Pushing the door open she steps into the small room, locking the door behind her. Something she learnt to do very quickly. There are often some very unwelcome guests that can turn up and Carmen has the scars to prove it.

It was hard for her to walk due to the face a fair amount of her back felt numb but she managed to get to her dresser. Pulling the top door open it creaked from age. Sitting there was a pale blonde wig. It, like the brown one she currently wore, was made of a special substance that was almost a complete replica to actual hair. So close that it's almost impossible to know the difference. All thanks to Bella.

Carmen knows the wigs work because she's been around this place and with these people for a few years and not one of them has realized that her hair isn't actually brown. Now even Dante who is usually the best at noticing things.

Pulling the wig off slowly to avoid tearing out her hair she hides it locked in a box sitting deep into her drawers. The key being one of a kind was hidden in the back of her phone. Retyping her blonde hair to lay flat on her head she begins to apply the much lighter blonde wig. Making sure that it sat secure with no way of falling off as well as making sure none of her natural blonde hair would slip out.

Changing into a pair of black skin tight jeans, a long sleeve, pale pink turtle neck to hide the bruises and bandages, as well as a pair of leather ankle boots she stares at her reflection in the mirror. She's never had to wear contacts. With each hair colour her eyes appeared either lighter or darker in contrast. Good thing too for contacts always seem to make her eyes feel dry and itchy.

"You ready yet?" Dante knocked on the door and Carmen took a deep breath, pulling herself into the role of her second personality. Her second life.

"I am not Carmen Lockwood. I am Ivory Ashmore. I am a famous, popular model. Not a bullied nerd." She murmurs to herself before walking slowly to the door, unlocking it and swinging it open.

Dante grinned as he looked her over. He himself wore dark blue jeans and a light grey hoodie. He held out his hand and Carmen/Ivory took it without hesitation. All emotion gone from her face.

As they walked Dante leant down to whisper in her ear. "Looking good... Ivory."