12- Talking To Ashmore

Jacob Fleming

"Do we really have to do this?" Max groaned as we all follow Shannon and Ashley inside their modeling building. Cameras flashed all around us but the guards kept them back. It's not often they see all the 8 Riches kids, minus Mary-Anne of course, walking around the street.

Anna served her brother a quick jab in the ribs. "Stop being a baby. You at least can enjoy yourself with all the pretty teen models. I on the other hand have 0 interest in being here. I'd rather be sitting at home resting my brain that being here in a building filled to tge brim with girls who ate going to throw themselves all over you guys. It's nauseating. None of you are that interesting." I held back from laughing. Anna has already graduated from school and is in University. Due to an eidetic memory she is incredibly smart. The things she knows and can remember are quite extraordinary. She's by far the smartest out of all of us and isn't into the whole girly thing which is very respectable.

Ruby came racing out to meet us. "Did you two know about Ivory Ashmore having a boyfriend?" She spoke a mile a minute and bounced on her toes, eyes widened with shock.

Ashley and Shannon share a glance before Ashley grabs her daughters shoulders to calm her down. "She has a boyfriend?" Ruby nods quickly.

"Well she phrased it as a boyfriend of sorts but yes. You should see the guy. He's build like a rock. I did the whole fake stumble and fall thing. His reflex are quick and his muscles. Don't even get me started on those. He's extremely fit and he looks as if he could lay Max down flat no problem." I cast a glance at Ruby's brother. Ethan did not look very pleased.

"So there's a hot guy. We see those every day. What's so different about this one?" Isabella pushed forwards.

Ruby rolled her eyes. "What's so different is he and Ivory refuse to tell anyone his name or show his face. He's wearing a grey hoodie and every time anyone gets close to seeing what's under the hood he moves away very quickly. He has a nice body but I don't know what to think of his face because I haven't seen it." Alright now that's definitely odd.

"So what you're saying is there's a mystery guy in there who refuses to reveal his name or his face who Ivory claimed to be her boyfriend of sorts in a room of hot teenage models." Shannon stared at her niece.

Ruby nods again. "Yes. Also he's 18. I managed to get that out of Ivory. Plus either Ivory is secretly rich or this mystery guy is because they turned up in a very flash, very expensive car with a chauffeur dressed I a dark tux with dark sunglasses and a high tech ear piece." She looked past her mother and aunt to all of us.

"Do you think he's a threat?" Ashleys voice was scarily hostile all of a sudden and Ruby smirks.

"Oh hell to the yes he's a threat. But not to the models or any of us. He's dangerous. Maybe more so than all of you guys." Ruby waved a hand in our direction before hurrying back inside.

Max scoffed from beside me and mumbled something under his breath. "Alright let's go." All hostility had left Ashleys voice. It use to startle me how it changed but over the years you really get use to the sudden changes.

Walking into the building and upstairs, the moment we step into the room the smell of perfume hit my nose and made me choke on a cough. Many of the other guys do the same. "Alright maybe I was over reacting a little. This doesn't seem so bad." Max whispers to me and I laugh.

The room was occupied by teennage girls in outfits that were either tight, short or tight and short. Not one of them looked our way. A nice change from having everyone girl or guy swarming us for attention. My eyes land on the guy Ruby must have been talking about. He wore a grey hoodie with the hood on and pulled low and dark jeans. He had a bag in his hand which he held as if his life depended on it. At the moment he stood talking to a light blonde haired girl age 16 was my bet. Same age as myself.