Part 2

Boy crazy.

If i was asked how to describe the girls in my school, thats all i would say. Because honestly, its the only way to describe them.

Girls here are completely and utterly obsessed with boys, to the point that its not even funny. Like honestly, how could girls be so crazy over boys, what do they get from it?!

I dont get it, can't they just be happy without a boy in their life? no. I guess not.

My mother always asked if i have a guy in my sights, or even a boyfriend. She always seems disapointed when i shoot her questions down by shaking my head.

Is it really so important to have a boyfriend? i can be happy without one. honestly im fine with my life, i have one friend, i have one parent who is hardly even home and beside that, i have basically nothing.

But im still happy. I've been raised to cherish what i have and not dwell on what i haven't. Life should be lived in a positive way, not a sad way where you wonder..

what would it be like if i had this?

Thats not how i live my life, i like to be thankful, i have one great friend, a fairly good mother, the only thing i would change is that she was actually home more than 1-2 nights a week. I have a roof above my head and i have food.

I really hate when people, especially the popular people at my school, complain about their "terrible" lives. Honestly. Their is always someone in the world who is worse off then you, so put a smile on your god damn dile!

'Wake up' Becca speaks, clicking her fingers in front of my face. i groan, lifting my head from the table just as our coffee cups are brought over. we both smile and thank the girl.

'why do you look so tired?' She asks, taking a sip of the hot liquid. 'i didn't sleep to good' i yawn, taking a giant sip. i wince when it burns my throat but still continue to drink it, i think i was in desperate need of caffeine to wake me up.

'why?' she frowns, i shrug my shoulders, letting out another small yawn before speaking. 'i have no clue, i was just tossing and turning all night. i was on edge to, i kept hearing weird, creaky noises through the house and i knew mum wasn't home so..'

she nods, 'i dont know how you can do it! i dont get how you can stay home by yourself basically all the time and not freak the hell out. i'd be huddled in the corner, rocking back and forth slowly pulling my hair from my scalp.'

my eyes widen slightly as i choke on my coffee, she laughs as she hands me a napkin. 'what the hell! clearly you've thought of how you'd be living alone!' i finally choke out after wiping my mouth clean of any spat out coffee.

'i seriously have though! my dad told me he had to go out for a night and i literally sat on the ground and held onto his leg, i couldn't be home alone even if my life depended on it' she states, 'did he end up leaving?' i question.

She quickly shakes her head, 'no! i cried...' she trails off, looking away from me as she lifts the mug to her lips. i quickly place my half empty one down as i burst into laughter, quickly bringing my hands up to cover my mouth as an attempt to muffle my laughter.

'shut up!' she hisses, reaching over and playfully wacking my arm. 'im sorry!' i breath, taking a few deep breaths to stop my laughing.

'how can you not stay home alone?! its honestly not to bad' i speak, she narrows her eyes on me, 'says you! you've basically done it your whole life' she states crossing her arms after setting her empty cup down.

i give her a small nod, 'yea.. i guess' i sigh, finishing up my coffee before standing up. 'i have to go pick up something from my mums work..' i trail off, grabbing my car keys from my purse, Becca nods, standing from her chair.