Hiatus

I walked home, in shock at how I just let him out of my life. I sat in my bed. I felt nauseous. He was one of the best things that happened to me, and I let him go. My phone dinged. I checked it, and it was from Elon.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to let you go. For your own safety."

I didn't think I could cry any harder than I already was, but I did. My dog whimpered and went into my lap to try and cheer me up again. Not even his love and affection could make me feel better from this. He is the love of my life. And I pushed him away.

A week had passed and I went to look for work. I didn't feel anything anymore. This was worse than any heartbreak I've ever felt before. I got a job at the Dunkin Donuts I went to when I used to work for Elon. A distant memory now. I worked in the back where no one could see me. I didn't want to talk to anyone or see anyone that I didn't already have to.

Despite this, I could get quick glimpses of customers. A few months passed, so I figured Elon had found another girl. There was no reason for me to be sad now, he must be over me. I always thought about him while I made coffees. One day, I saw a devilish looking man. He had brown hair and green eyes. His eyes were hypnotizing, almost reptile like.

'I've seen him before, but where?'