Fly Me to Mars

"I'll drive." he said.

We walked to the car, and he went to my side and opened the door for me. Once he got in, we drove off to SpaceX. It was relatively far from where he lived, so we had a lot of time together.

"So, any new happenings with the Anonymous Caller?"

"I think so, this red Tesla Model 3 had followed me to my friend, (My Best Friend's name)'s house."

"They actually followed you?"

"Yes, it was pretty much a high speed chase. Thankfully I had the faster car, and he clearly didn't charge his long enough, because it almost died when he got close to her house."

"What else happened?"

"Well once he had turned around, I tried to chase them. I wanted to see who it was to just put an end to it already. But I got a ticket instead."

He looked stunned. And worried. It made me think to when he was thinking about a possible consequence of the whole situation. What could he be thinking about?

"Elon?"

"Yes?"

"The other day, when you said that something could happen if all of this doesn't stop. What were you thinking about?"

"It was nothing important..."

I had stopped asking questions, I was too scared of making him annoyed at me. He probably gets asked all sorts of questions all the time. I don't want to add to that bombardment.

"(My name)."

"Yes, Elon?"

"How much does this job mean to you?"

I was stunned at the question, he never asked me about the actual job, apart from maybe the interview.

"A lot, I love this job and I love-" I almost slipped. "I love what I do..."

He nodded his head. The rest of the ride was silent. When we had arrived at SpaceX, I opened the door myself, despite Elon trying to get it for me. I felt that I was getting too attached to this man. 'He's just my boss. A nice boss. Who cares...' I shook my head and scolded myself for being such a pansy.

We walked into a large corridor and then to another conference room. I got my legal pad out, and began writing.