Space

I cried the whole way home. I pulled up to my apartment complex, and took my dog inside. I buried my face in my hands and I cried for hours. My dog tried his best to comfort me. 'This was all my fault. I'm putting Elon in jeopardy. His own workers turned on us because of me.' My dog nuzzled my face. I looked up at him, and gave him a hug.

"I don't know what I'm going to do..."

He looked up at me and kissed my cheek. I swear this dog is more human than most people are. I put his harness and leash on him and took him outside for a walk. It was cold outside, so I carried him in my jacket for most of the walk. As I was walking, I saw Elon's car enter the complex. I just kept walking and pretended not to notice.

He noticed me, and parked his car. He leapt out of the car and walked up to me.

"You're not the reason this all happened (My name)."

"Elon, it's ok. It really is. I know what the cause of this is. I love you, and I don't want you to get hurt," I held back my tears. "And if I have to distance myself from you, so be it."

He walked to me and held me. I wanted to let it all out. I wanted to cry in his arms and go back to his house. I wanted him to tell me everything was going to be alright. But I couldn't. Everything isn't alright. I pushed myself away from him.

"Please, I don't want to hurt you."

He looked at me solemnly. He turned away, and I could see his wipe his face.

"I get it." he said as he was still faced from me.

He walked back to his car and got in. He drove away, and I could feel our relationship ending the farther he drove.