Adrenaline

I tried to follow Draco. But I was kind of attacked by Bellatrix Lestrange.

Yes, Bellatrix Lestrange. The one who killed Sirius Black.

She threw several curses at me, but I managed to dodge most of them. However, it was becoming extremely physically excurting.

"Crucio!" She yelled.

And then I was hit with the most unbelievable pain. I was screaming in pain writhing on the ground in agony, as she was cracking up above me.

It hurt so bad, I couldn't even breathe. And then suddenly the pain stopped. Ron had hit her with Stupefy.

Now she looked enraged. "Cru-"

"Protego!" I yelled with what little energy I had left. Suddenly a soft glowing translucent shield was in front of me. I took this opportunity to try and stand. I was very wobbly after that pain, but Ron gave me his arm to help me up.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem."

My shield was still up and I heard Hermione scream. I was about to go help her, but Ron was already halfway there. That's when my shield broke and Bellatrix was on me again.

"BOMBARDA!" She screeched pointing her wand to the wall beside me.

I flinched out of a knee jerk instinct, but there was no stopping the rocks like bullets that were now whipping towards me like bullets.

***

I was lying on the ground. I could hear the sounds of a struggle. Everything was blurry as I opened my eyes. They began to adjust and I saw Bellatrix standing over me, wand pointing at my face.

"Bella!" Yelled a malicious voice. "It is time."

She looked up, and in her excitement of her next tormenting session, completely left me there.

How lucky.

Then I noticed my face was sticky. I slowly sat up and felt my face. There was a huge gash on my cheek, blood covering a lot of my face and most likely got into my hair too. I felt sore and my head was throbbing so horribly. However, despite all of this, I got up and started at a walk that increased to a run, only one thing in mind. Draco Malfoy.

I ran. Nothing mattered right now. Nothing other than Draco. And at this point, it wasn't even because I wanted to warn him, I'm sure he already knew. Now, it was because he was leaving. We are at war, he is killing Dumbledore, he could be killed, and if not he could be killed tomorrow, or the next day. I didn't know how long it would be until the next time I would see him...

All of my energy was focused into running and finding Draco.

Well, I sort of ran face first into a wall. But in my defense, it was an invisible wall. I couldn't get through to the Astronomy Tower. I screamed in frustration and tried every spell that I could think of.

Nothing worked. I couldn't get through. There was nothing to do but wait, hope and pray that Draco would be ok...

***

The Order members have caught up to me now, and they helped with trying to break down the barrier. Snape randomly showed up and got through, but we still couldn't.

Finally, after what had seemed like hours, Draco and Snape emerged, flanked by the rest of the Death Eaters. War broke out with spells flying everywhere, but I just ran after Draco, not getting hit by any curses.

Draco and Snape were walking unbelievably fast. They were heading towards the Grand Entrance.

"Draco!" I yelled. They both stopped walking, and turned around to glare at me.

Snape grabbed Draco's arm and said, "Come along, Draco."

Draco was giving me a icy look. I pleaded with him with my eyes.

He looked up at Snape and said, "Just give me a second to deal with this." He said harshly whipping out his wand.

"No, you've done enough today, Draco. We need to go while we can."

"I'll only be a second."

Snape gave a disgusted look and said, "Make it quick." And he sped off in the other direction.

Draco pointed his wand and me and yelled, "RICTASEMPRA!" (sp?)

It missed my head by a few feet and hit the wall behind me, then suddenly he sprinted towards me and tackled me in an embrace.

"He was still listening. I had to make it seem like I was dueling you." He explained.

I didn't even care. I was kissing him and holding him. "Thank God you're ok! What happened?! Did you kill Dumbledore? Where are you going?"

He answered in between kisses. "Snape killed Dumbledore. We're leaving we have to get out while we still can."

I stopped kissing him and stared deeply into his eyes.

"Take me with you." I demanded.

"He'll kill you. No, no way I can't risk it. And what happened to your face?"

"Your crazy aunt. And what if I don't care?! It'll be hell without you. I'll die here with you gone, I'd rather be killed by Voldemort and be with you than survive here and have you taken away!"

"Jane, don't talk like that!" He said with such harshness in his voice it almost scared me. "Never think like that!"

"Draco..." I said with tears in my eyes.

Then he gave me the most passionate kiss of my life. It lasted forever, and was filled with so much heat, love, and passion.

He pulled away panted, and in a husky voice he softly said, "I'm doing this for your own good. Stay here. Don't do anything stupid." He gave me a much gentler kiss, a very soft peck before saying, "I love you."

Then he let go, turned his back and walked away.

Tears were streaming down my eyes as I watched his retreating form. He was leaving, he was really leaving.

I was suddenly filled with determination. "I don't care! I'm coming!" I said as I ran after him.

He whirled around and pointed his wand at me and gave me the coldest look I've ever seen him give anyone.

I was frozen in pain, grief, and shock. He'd never hurt me...but if it was for what he thought was best for me he would. I wasn't scared of physical pain; I was scared for the emotional pain of loosing him.

I was so caught up in adrenaline that I didn't even hear the oncoming footsteps.

"STUPEFY!!!" A spell was cast from behind me by an all too familiar voice directed at my reason for living, my oxygen that kept me alive.

Harry Potter had joined us.