Waiting

A.N~ Ok, so I'm extremely sorry for the wait. It wasn't nice of me to do :( I honestly thought I could've updated a lot sooner but so many things came up and I just got too busy. 

ANYWAYS!! IMPORTANT! Because I left the last chapter the way that I did, and because I've been busy, I decided to post this part so that you're not all left hanging the way you were...

Therefore, please understand that ***THIS IS NOT A FULL CHAPTER!**** It's maybe a page long, but instead of torturing you because I'm not satisfied, I figured I'd just post this and move on. 

Please enjoy! :) 

~~~~~~~~~

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The pain was almost too much to handle. I could barely think. 

Then after a few moments, the pain subsided. 

HOLY CRAP!!!

What am I supposed to do?! 

Of course, the second they leave...

Ok, Jane, focus. Just focus. Deep breaths....in...out...

I looked around the room, desperate for anything that could help me...

Then I saw it...

Floo powder.

Ok, I just have to breathe and get over to that fire place! 

I screamed out in pain and Ruby came running through the door.

“Ruby! Thank goodness!”

“Miss Jane? What’s happening? Are you ok?”

I screamed as another contraction hit. 

“My water broke Ruby...listen, I need you to help me get to the fire place. Tell Draco what happened and tell him that I’m so sorry but there was nothing else I could do!” I stuttered. 

“Yes miss!” She helped me get to the fireplace and I grabbed some floo powder...

I was nervous, no way this could be safe for me or the baby...but I had no choice. 

“Thank you, Ruby!” 

Before I was enveloped in green flames, I yelled, “Shell Cottage!” 

***

****

******
*
*
*
*
*****
**
***

*
**
*
~*
~
**~*~***

~**~*~

~**~*

8~*
8

'*
*~
*88

Ginny had dropped out of Hogwarts. She wasn’t returning anytime soon as far as her mother was concerned. 

She’d been spending a lot of time with Fred and George because being in hiding in the middle of a war can get pretty boring...

As such, they were running out of things to do, so Fred came up with the bright idea to pay their brother Bill a visit. 

What made going to Shell Cottage a regular thing? It was a new place and comfortable and homy and, well, bright. Like, the way the house was arranged sunlight illuminated pretty much every inch of the interior. 

It was a new place. It was on the beach. It was somewhere to go that wasn’t the same old thing. 

So that’s what brings Ginny, Fred and George to Shell Cottage. They’ve been there for three days and on this particular day, Fred and George are playing a game of Exploding Snap and Ginny is reading a book that Hermione had given her for Christmas. 

Another ordinary day in the mist of a war...boring...waiting for something to happen. Waiting for Voldemort to die...waiting for an end to all of the destruction. 

It was constantly on their minds. Everything in there presence was a silent reminder that things were not as they should be. Nothing would make them forget that.

Except maybe a little shock...

Of course they weren’t expecting it. Jane had gone, disappeared even. They didn’t even have a clue as to where she was. There was some speculation of her being with Harry, Ron, and Hermione because they couldn’t think of anywhere else that she would be...

So, of course, when she came through the fireplace after two months of being gone and screaming in pain, of course it was more than shocking. 

Ginny threw her book to the side and ran over to her. 

“Jane!” 

It took Fred and George a few moments to process what was happening.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” Jane cried.

“Sshh, it’s ok. What happened?!” Ginny asked her. 

Jane breathed deeply and just said, “My water broke, I didn’t know what else to do!”

Ginny looked at Fred and George and they sprang into action. 

“Fred, George, bring her to the bedroom. Then one of you get Fleur and Mum and  the other stay with me and help.” Ginny ordered with full authority. 

They did exactly as she said.

Now, in the rush of it all, the waiting transformed. Instead of waiting for a closure, they were waiting for a beginning. 

A new baby would be born soon.