Curses and Hexes

I had to figure out a way to evade Ron and Neville. Well, in a way. As the plan stood, Ron, Neville, and I were going to stand guard on the Room of Requirement and 'hopefully' corner Draco, whereas Hermione, Luna, and Ginny would be standing guard on Snape.

As of now I was totally winging it. Harry had given us the rest of his Felix Felicis and I really hoped that it would work.

Ron and I were on the left side of the hallway and Neville was on the right.

I was just waiting. Waiting for something to happen. Waiting for anything really.

Ron made a sound like he was going to say something and then changed his mind. I ignored him, hoping that he would stay silent.

Unfortunately, I guess my liquid luck wasn't working because I wasn't so lucky.

"Why did you do it?" He asked.

"Do what?" I asked looking at his freckled face.

"You two were so happy together, I just...I don't understand why you ended it so suddenly." Ron explained.

I looked into his blue eyes, puzzled. He'd always avoided conversations like this.

"Um, no offense, Ron, but I really don't want to talk about it."

Once I thought he'd dropped it, he continued with, "He's my best mate. He didn't tell me exactly what happened, but he's hurt and confused. If you're seriously going to end it, I think he at least deserves to know why."

I almost didn't know what to say, but then I responded with a barely audible, "You're right."

Thankfully, he dropped it after that. Or at least, I thought he had because he was quiet for so long.

"Jane?"

"Yeah?" I responded weary of what he would say next.

"Do you still care for him? I know it's none of my business, but..."

I gave him a pained look and I said, "Of course I still care for him. It's just..." In my minds eye I see Draco smirk at me, "complicated."

"He really loves you, you know."

Looking away from him I answered, "I know."

***

After what seemed like hours, the door finally appeared. Ron and I gave each other a look and then took out our wands and peered around the corner.

I saw his blonde head stick out and peak around. He didn't see me or Ron, and then suddenly everything went black.

Ron and I both kinda freaked at first. Like it was weird, suddenly everything was pitch black.

"Lumos." I muttered.

Nothing.

Crap, this was just great. Ron was angrily trying to make his wand light up and I heard several footsteps running down the hall.

I was suddenly really annoyed. 'Of course! Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder!!' This was very unfortunate. However, I knew which direction they were heading, so I blindly began to run away from Ron and towards the Astronomy Tower.

***

So luckily I didn't run into any walls. I rounded the corner and saw that a large group of death eaters were heading towards the Astronomy Tower, Draco leading them.

Now, I'm not stupid. I know that I singlehandedly cannot take on all these death eaters. Yet, for some reason I didn't hide. I just stared at all of their retreating backs.

Suddenly, they were attacked. There were some bright lights, and then there were spells being cast and a huge fight broke out.

The Order members had arrived.

I was suddenly flanked by Ron and Neville.

"Well, shall we?" I heard Ron ask rhetorically.

I sighed a deep breath as Ron ran into the fight throwing spells everywhere.

Neville and I looked at each other and he nodded then ran in after Ron.

I took another deep breath and searched for the blonde head of hair. Once I saw it, I gripped my wand tight, and dove into the battle dodging curses and hexes a like.