The Choice

"Will you chose me?"

My heart, mind, and soul all screamed at me in this one moment. I let everything go, and sealed my destiny in one small word; "Yes."

Thunder boomed overhead. The clouds had grown ominous and rain started pouring down on us because we were standing right outside the greenhouse.

In one swift move Draco got off the ground, swept me off my feet, and connected his lips to mine. His lips were so soft and loving. I smiled into the kiss. I felt like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. As Draco pushed my into the wall and rain poured onto us, I thought about what I just did. I'm sealed to Draco Malfoy. I'm his now.

I'm his now. I chose him.

I was so stupid. So stupidly in love. I knew in my heart that this was where I was meant to be. Not with that boy with the glasses and dark hair whose name I could barely remember, but right here with Draco Malfoy. We were made for each other. I was his. And he was mine. All mine.

Somehow, he opened the greenhouse door and got us inside away from the rain. It suddenly got very hot and one thing led to another... Yes, Draco Malfoy was definitely mine now.

***

We couldn't bear to part from one another. As we lay in each other's arms, covered in sweat, we knew that we couldn't be separated. Ever.

We got our clothes back on as the sun was beginning to rise. We held hands and stole kisses the whole way to the Great Hall. Breakfast would begin soon.

"I love you." I told him.

He kissed my lips. "I love you, too." He whispered. And then, before I knew it, he was gone and Harry, Ron, and Hermione were walking towards me.

They all smiled and waved at me, but I went right up to Harry.

"Harry," I said, "can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure." He responded with a smile. "I'll catch up with you later." He said to Ron and Hermione.

We walked away until we were alone in the hallway.

"Listen, Harry...I've been thinking about it and um, I think that maybe we should umm..." Come on, Jane you can do this...I thought of Draco and saw him staring at me in my mind, "maybe we should break up." I said avoiding his eyes.

He was silent for so long after that.

"What?" he asked. But it wasn't an, I-didn't-understand-you type of what, it was an I-can't-believe-what-I'm-hearing type of what.

"Jane, where is this coming from?"

"I don't know, I guess I just," I sighed, "I think it's better this way."

"Why?" He asked skeptically.

I opened my mouth to answer, but he cut me off, "Look, I'm just surprised. You seemed perfectly happy with me...this is kind of out of no where...I mean, we've been dating for two years!"

I couldn't bear to look him in the eye.

"I know, Harry. I'm sorry."

He sighed and took a minute to think.

"Look, its ok. If you want to break up, we'll break up. I just don't understand why."

I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Is it because of what happened with the firewhiskey?"

I knew what I had to do. I had to play this and make it work.

"Yes."

"Oh, Jane, you know that I would never intentionally hurt you..." he hesitated, then added, "right?"

"I know that, Harry, but I just started to think about what might have happened between us, and I just don't know how I feel about it."

"What do you mean? Do you mean that you don't want me to have been your first?" he demanded.

"Harry! That's not at all what I mean!" Though not necessarily false... "I just...I wasn't ready to give it away."

"I can understand that, Jane, but is it really worth our relationship?"

I was fighting against tears now. I gave myself a few seconds to calm down because I knew that I couldn't let him see how much this was hurting me. Once I knew that I wasn't going to cry, I avoided looking into his eyes, and spoke the words that at one point I couldn't bear to even think...

"It's over, Harry."