Forever

• Dedicated to For You (:

“HE’S ALIVE!!!!” 

The scream was loud enough to make the fighting cease. Abruptly, all was silent. 

I didn’t know what was happening, but suddenly I felt this rush of hope and my stomach filled with butterflies stopping me just before I reached the door. 

Everyone stopped fighting and an almost eerie silence filled the courtyard and well, frankly, all of Hogwarts. 

Slowly, I turned around. Everyone had their full attention on this one spot. I couldn’t see what was happening there were so many people blocking my direct line of vision, yet no one was daring to move. No one was daring to breathe. 

I glanced at Draco. He seemed torn between watching me to make sure I wasn’t leaving, and watching whatever was unfolding that made everyone cease the fighting. 

I wanted, no needed, to see what was going on. But I didn’t want to wander too far from my exit either. So slowly, quietly, and carefully, I moved myself a bit closer. Close enough to the door to almost make a quick getaway and close enough to this commotion to find out the truth. 

What I saw stunned me. As I’m sure stunned every other person here. 

I could feel my jaw drop, my heartbeat quicken, and my breathing become more shallow. 

Harry Potter was alive. 

...

WHAT?!!?!!

Well it looked like Harry alright...but...how could that be?

As I stared at him, I noticed the scene being unfolded in front of me. It was just Harry and Voldemort. They both had their wands out and were circling each other, like in those old cowboy movies.

I decided to try to get a little closer to hear what they were saying, while still keeping track of where Draco was, as he decided to move a little closer as well. 

I could barely make out what they were saying, simply because of my distance from the scene. Every living thing in what seemed to be the entire world, had gone completely silent, and gazed with horror at these two opposing forces, wondering who would come out victorious, and how the future would look for all of us. 

They argued and discussed hidden secrets, clues to the mystery of horcruxes and other. I could not hear what they were saying and I became more and more frightened with each passing moment. 

I had this feeling of terror and anticipation deep within my stomach. 

This was it. 

This was do or die. 

Sink or swim.

This is the very moment that will define our fates and lives as we know it...

Then with two streaks of green and red light, Voldemort was defeated. 

Everyone stood silently in shock for a few moments, then an explosion of commotion like no other filled Hogwarts. 

Like lightning, I was struck with jubilance. We were safe! I didn’t have to run! I COULD BE WITH DRACO!!!!

The initial rush of happiness was swallowed almost instantly by guilt. What I did to Draco was inexcusable, but was it a good thing for my daughter? To put him through that, even for the short amount of time that it was, almost made me sick to my stomach. 

He stared at me from across the courtyard. He was unmoving, simply gazing at me. I mirrored him, only I probably looked very guilty whereas he was stoic.

Somehow, he ended up at arms length. We had walked toward each other and met in the middle, almost subconsciously. 

I was extremely embarrassed. I opened my mouth to apologize, but he just smiled and engulfed me in his arms. 

And well, I guess you know me well enough by now to guess what happened next...

I cried. 

Again. 

I was always crying. 

As you know very well by now.

This time, I was crying from everything. 

Everything I had done. I had betrayed Harry Potter in a horrible, disgusting, inexcusable way. He, Ron, and Hermione had trusted me with their lives, and what did I give to them? Betrayal. Cold betrayal. 

I lost them. I hurt Draco, and abandoned him when he needed me most. However, these tears knew more than pain; they knew joy. The war was over! Voldemort was dead. My baby girl could grow up in a safer world, and we didn’t have to run. 

I could actually be with Draco!

If he still wanted me after what I did to him. 

I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes. 

“Are you still going to run?” He asked, clearly worried and his fear is real, although the answer is obvious. 

I gave him a guilty smile. “I’m sorry.” 

He just laughed and pulled me into another hug. 

“Never leave me again.”

I chuckled and said, “Draco Malfoy, I promise I’m yours forever.”