Malfoy's Bipolar

It became routine. Every other night, Malfoy and I would get together and study. I slowly saw my grades begin to improve.

We were getting tests back that we had taken and I was nervous. Hermione got hers back with close to perfection. Ron did pretty well, and Harry got the best. I was still waiting for mine.

"You'll do fine." Said Hermione. "You're really getting it."

She thought she was still tutoring me. And she kind of was, but whatever Hermione and I went through was something Malfoy and I had already gone through so I got it very easy. Finally I got my test back.

"Congratulations Miss Watson. I see Harry has been a good teacher." Said Slughorn.

"Actually, Professor, Hermione's been tutoring me." I said.

"Oh, well...good job." He said walking away.

Hermione smiled at me. I saw Malfoy staring at me from over Hermione's shoulder, but I ignored his gaze and continued learning.

Malfoy POV

She was driving me crazy! I think I truly hate her more now than I ever have before. The last thing I need right now is distraction. I need to focus. He needs me to focus. But every time she asks me...somehow I just can't say no.

Maybe it's her innocence...wait...what am I saying? She's total scum! Why am I even helping her? Wait here she comes...

I had been waiting in the Potions classroom. It's about 3:30 am. She came through the door and she had this look on her face. She was holding the test from earlier.

She had this sad almost depressed look on her face.

"Well?!" I demanded. She was driving me crazy! What in Merlin's name was going through her head?!

She looked up at me with those turquoise eyes that looked so sad. Then suddenly, she had the biggest smile and her eyes lit up as she showed me her test grade.

I suddenly relaxed. I hadn't realized how nervous I had been to see her grade. Just as I was composing myself, she attacked me.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she said. I think she was...hugging me?

"Ugh...you're welcome?" I said trying to breathe.

She laughed as she let go of me and she looked into my eyes and then back at her test. "I can't believe it!" she said all excited and happy.

How was she so energetic this early in the morning? I rubbed my eyes and almost smiled. She was squealing with delight.

"Ok, you really need to stop that now." I said seriously. That look in her eyes... The way she was so excited, practically jumping up and down...I needed to get away from her.

"Thank you so much!" she said yet again.

"Whatever." Maybe if I'm mean to her, she'll never want to see me again. "Are we done with the tutoring?" I asked.

She had a surprised look in her eyes.

"It's only one test." She said, "Would you mind helping me a little more? I still don't feel like I know it completely. Just wait until I get two more tests like this." She said.

I hated how she acted like I didn't have a choice.

"Is that ok with you?" she asked.

Great, now she can read my mind.

I shrugged and she hugged me again. This time it was much shorter.

"Thank you so much!" she squealed.

"Stop saying that."

She laughed.

"Are you high?" I asked.

She gave me a look that made me regret asking that question.

"Why?" she demanded.

"Because you just hugged me twice. You hate me. I'm Malfoy...you know, the ferret?" I said desperately hoping she would catch on.

"Yeah, and a scumbag. I know." She said. "Can I not be excited about my test?" I asked.

I opened my mouth to answer her.

"You know what, never mind. I'm tired. See you later." She said a little mad.

I stared after her as she left. "Goodnight." I whispered sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

Great job. You succeeded in making her hate you even more. Well done. This is what I wanted right? Right...then why does it feel so wrong?