Top Priority

Before I could scream, Draco had his hand over my mouth.

"Don't scream." He said calmly.

I took a deep breath and felt the muscles in my shoulder relax. Draco released his hand from my mouth and I could hear him moving.

He began muttering something in Latin and I knew that he had been getting his wand. Then suddenly the room was filled with light. Yes, we were in the Room of Requirement, but I don't know why Draco willed it to look like this. There was random, for lack of a better word, junk everywhere.

I gave Draco a questioning look, to which he said, "I willed it to make it pitch black when anyone enters this room while I'm in it." He explained.

I hesitated, and then asked, "Why?"

"Umm..." He looked kind of uncomfortable, and then looked at an old cabinet and I understood.

"Oh." I didn't know what else to say.

"So, ugh, what did you want to talk to me about?" he asked changing the subject.

"Where were you all day?" I asked.

"Mending the ugh..." he looked at it again, "you know."

"I thought you were all set?"

"Well, you can never be too careful."

"Riight." I said.

I began to walk around, looking at random objects.

It was very quiet for a while and then Draco said, "Jane..."

I looked at him solemnly, trying desperately to keep my eyes dry. He could be killed for this...I could never see him again.

He seemed to be thinking the same thing because his eyes were becoming watery as well.

"Are you afraid?" I asked him.

"I'm only afraid of being separated from you..."

He kissed me, and then I asked, "Is there any way that I can help you?"

He slowly shook his head. "Nobody can help me."

There was a silence and I considered telling him about my favor for Harry. I mean, I didn't want there to be any secrets between Draco and I, but this was a little bigger than the both of us. However, selfishly, I noticed that as I fell for Draco I cared less and less about the war. I felt as though if I ignored it, it would go away and all I care about is being with Draco. However, the bigger part of my conscience reminded me of the lives at sake; Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Fred, George, Lupin, Tonks, Molly, Arthur, Mad-Eye...Harry. All people that I care about.

So, instead of risking much more than Draco and I, I asked, "Where?"

He looked confused. "Where what?"

"Where are you going to do it?"

He hesitated then answered, "The Astronomy Tower."

I nodded. I knew what I was going to do. I made my decision. Sure, I'd do what Harry asked, keep a watch on Hogwarts to make sure everything's ok...only, I'd be watching out for Draco's safety. Top priority.