beach at night

her eyes were closed perfectly. her breath is now calming down. I have repeatedly convinced myself that she really is only one range from where I am. it took a long struggle to convince her to sit in the passenger seat right next to me who controlled the steering wheel at least an hour ago.

tear back flowing down to her face. even in sleep, the sadness still covers her. I slowly wiped her tears with my thumb. but what I did made her realize then opened her eyes. she pulled her body as if trying to create the distance as far as possible between myself and her. she was busy looking at her surroundings.

--

did she feel the peace I felt when I heard the waves in front of us? she sighed again and then hurriedly took off the seat belt and got off the car. I can't stop myself from following her. I haven't been willing to let our together end soon.

 I haven't been willing to let our together end soon

I feel the breeze of the sea tonight trying to penetrate the skin. she had begun to walk along the sidewalk. I thought I had done the right thing by taking her to one of the places she likes.

her steps suddenly stopped. her gaze was fixed on the bridge that wasn't far from our edge. her direction of the steps changes. her two shoes she wore were left behind when her feet touched the sand.

I found her leaning against one side of the bridge looking straight at the ocean in the dark of night.

"thank you for bringing me here."

she was clearly aware of my presence behind her.

I'm standing next to her. her side figure was clearly visible again. her eyes were still slightly swollen to prove how long she spent for crying.

"do you want to eat something?"
my question made her turn her eyes back to me.

"can you stop all of this?"

"what do you mean?"

"everything you do."

there is a long pause between us.

"I just want to make up for all the mistakes I've made."

she smiled disparagingly.

"what is it that you want to do, Jeongguk?"

"anything. as long as I can make up for all my mistakes."

she took a deep breath. the ocean waves again attracted her attention.

"you are wrong. what is done is not only because of you. from the start, both of us are just too stupid to realize that our togetherness just ended badly."