our past story.

we sat on the sofa facing the TV showing wild animals. even though there is a narrator's voice, we can still listen to each other. he sighed again for the umpteenth time before finally pointing his eyes at me.

"so what do you want to know about her?"

"not about her. about you two."

"about us?"

I have to admit I don't like our word ideas that represent him and Jieun simultaneously.

"we were once engaged. for one year. then everything ends."

"and the reason is?"

"it's my turn to ask. who is the man you met at the wedding that time? what is his name? Taenyung? "

"Taehyung."

there was dislike that he shamelessly showed me when I mentioned Tae.

"he's just a friend."

"his way of looking at you shows that he considers you more than a friend."

"he just still worry about me."

"you two don't have any history?"

"I will answer your question if you promise to let me continue my question."

he sat down again limp. after sighing, he nodded again.

"we used to be together but finally our relationship had to end because he had to leave." I continued again.

"my relationship with Jieun also ended because she just left."

so that's the reason?

"maybe she left because she was sure you would wait for her and take her back."

I am sure that my assumption can be true after seeing and hearing what Jieun said to me at that time.

"that belief makes me want to proof that she is wrong."

"wae?"

"she just dumped me. for her the relationship between us is so trivial."

his voice was stuck. there was an emotion emanating from his eyes that now looked blank again.

"you know. sometimes one of the reasons that makes you hate someone is because you love and care for that person too much."

I believe this can explain his reaction when Jieun falls over the day.

this fact brings me back to my greatest fear. fear will lose him.

"there is a long history between me and Jieun. we already knew each other even before we were involved in a more serious relationship. I hope you understand that I just can't ignore her. "

he said while rubbing the back of my hand.

I nodded.

"and what about you? did he cause bruises in your body that night?"

I shook my head hard.

"I think Taehyung will be the last person that capable of hurting me."

"..does that mean I'm in the count of someone who has the potential to hurt you?"

I hope a smile on my face can make him forget his question.

"who is he?"

"the person who sold me to you."

Jeongguk seemed to think then nodded as if he remembered the person I was referring to.

"where is he now?"

"I don't know and don't want to know"

In fact that it made my body tighten instantly. again I felt he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. he finally made ny head lean on his chest.

"you are safe now."

he said while gently stroking my arm in his arms.

"do you have a family?"

Is eomma that has left me I can still admit as a family? I decided to shake my head to answer his question. he looked pensive for a moment before finally gently rubbing the top of my head.

"then we have more or less the same story. my parents divorced when I was ten years old, and now they have lived with their new families. while I was left with various benefits I have now."

his gaze turned sad as if he had just said something he was reluctant to admit.

"you will be fine, jeongguk. I am sure of it."
now it's my turn to gently stroke his hand. I can hear his laugh from above my head.

"Jeongguk.."
our gaze met.

"can I get rid of all the dresses in the wardrobe?"

a sigh of breath was heard again.

"I know you didn't like it."

"I just don't feel like myself when wearing it. besides, I'm not... "

"you're not jieun."

he managed to finish my sentence.

"I am fully aware of that. You are different. Very different."
he contnued smiled and his facial expression calmed down.

"I think our conversation is enough for today. after all, we have plenty of time right?"

he said as he moved from the sofa.

the sentence sounds like a promise. I nodded then welcomed his hand. his grip feels warm.

I hope that the time bomb has completely stopped.

finally they got to know each other more~
any question?
pls vote and comment! xoxo