bruises in my heart.

the ceiling of my room is the first thing I see when I open my eyes.

as I tried to position myself to sit down, the pain I felt brought me back to the memory of that stupid Baron's blow. my whole body was sore.

with all the strength I have, I supported my body to stand up and walk toward the mirror at the end of my room.

indeed, my face was as terrible as the pain I was feeling.

the side of my right eye is blue as well as the angle of my lips. the red color that began to turn blue also decorate my cheeks.

"Chaeyoung.. don't get up.."
came my mother's voice then followed by a soft embrace on my shoulder. she helped me to get back to bed.

"hold it... you will be healed.. forgive your dad... he didn't mean that." her voice was husky.

"eomma, i want to sleep.. can you leave me alone"

"Chaeng.. i know you mad, but..."

"eomma, jebal.. i just want to sleep," I say again.

I caught a glimpse of her nodding. I felt her hand wiping my forehead before I heard her closing the door of my room.

the fact that my mother still defended him after seeing what her husband did made me feel much sadder compared to the pain caused by the injuries. maybe I should accept the fact that no one cares what happened to me.

--

ten days after the incident, the bruises on my face had started to disappear though the faint still visible on my body leaving only a blue spot that would disappear.
fortunately, with a little extra powder, all of the blue wounds can be hidden.

I wore trousers and a long-sleeved shirt to cover the bruises. in the face, I also added a mask to avoid people's eyes at college and work part-time at Bakery.

since that incident, I haven't visited apartment 999 because there's no way I can hide all the bruises that are on my body in front of him. I've decided, tonight I'll be back there.

there is an agreement that I must always keep. besides that, though I knew it was inappropriate, I should have said something, a longing I couldn't deny is of that place and maybe... him.

 him

some leftovers from today's bread I put in my bag to bring home and the rest I put in the cake's box to give it to him.

when I arrived, I put the cake's box over the pantry where he used to put the food. I really miss this place.

everything seemed the same and I could vaguely smell the cologne he was using. that cozy feeling came back. I felt I was back where I was supposed to be.