tears.

30minutes to midnight and I just made it to the front door numbered 999.

it took at least half an hour to convince Taehyung to let me "go home" myself.
because in fact I didn't go home. there's still more job to do. yes, a job.
thanks to him for reminding me yesterday.

i pressed the card as the key and the beep sounded with the sensor light turning green.

the brightly lit room welcomed me. certainly he was already here. although still full of doubt, I stepped into the room.

at first I thought he was as usual, busy with his laptop. but the empty sofa proved me wrong.

I found he lying just like that on the bed still complete with his work clothes. his bag wasn't far from where he slept.

he's not usually like this. I remember his habit that he went straight to the bathroom whenever he came home.

afraid that my presence wakes him up, I approach him slowly. he looks quite sleeping though there is still a bear tie around his neck. should I wake him up?

unexpectedly, he moved again in his sleep. his hand tried to loosen the tie he was wearing. his efforts were not very successful because he fell back asleep.

I slowly loosen the tie before I finally pulled it off his neck. I also opened some buttons on the top of his shirt to make him breathe more freely. I took off his belt and socks, i'm sure it would be uncomfortable to sleep with them.

I heard him delirious as calling someone's name in his sleep. his forehead creases made it clear that he was having a nightmare in his sleep. I gently rub his forehead over and over until the wrinkles finally disappear.

everyone must have their own problems. I am with my life and the presence of Taehyung.
he was with his nightmare. what kind of nightmare does this man who seems to possess all of this is having?

convinced that he was calm again, I covered him and left him.

---

I got home at 2 the morning and this was my first return after two days ago.

unexpectedly I found my mother looks sleepy in the middle room. hearing the sound of the front door I closed, my mother woke up from her sleep.

"Chaeyoung-ah, where have you been? where did you sleep yesterday?"

what does she care about? there's still a bit of disappointment about her considering what happened to me a few days ago.

"i'm tired eomma.."

"since when did you become a rebel like this? you know I never liked you come home at midnight and now you even dare not to go home at all..?"
her voice rises and it stops my steps towards my room.

I stood waiting for her to continue her words. I was too tired with everything that happened these days. I have no strength left to dispute her.

will she stop lecturing me if she knows all this happened because of her husband?

I turned my back on her, still reluctant to return her gaze. there was only silence that enveloped the room where we were.

"Chaeyoung.. I understand you are still angry about your father.. but until when?" her words just broke my intention to apologize to her.

my mother has changed. love has made her blind. hearing her call that asshole as my father made my temper rise again.

"until he's gone forever from my life."

with the dividing wall between us, the sobs still sounded clearly. in fact, I also cant stop the tears that also flow from my eyes.

my mouth is trying to hide an increasingly uncontrollable sob. I dont want her to realize that I'm also weeping over our circumstances as she did.

eomma, can't we go back to two years ago?