touch trace.

we sat on one of the seaside away from the crowd. he is still trying to regulate his breathing. just like what I was doing.

not long after, he lay on the sand while stretching his arms. then use the folds of both hands as the base of his head. we both silently let the wind hit our faces while looking at the orange tinge in the sky.

"I'm a little surprised when I know that you're still as strong as before."
I found him staring blankly. his gaze looked calm and sad at the same time.

"how.. are eomma?"

it's strange to ask about my mother to someone else even though it's Taehyung.

"how can you be sure that I still contacted her?"

"I also know you as well as you know me," I answered briefly.

"fine. your eomma is fine. she just said that if you ask about her. "

"how long will you going to do all this, Tae?"

"do what?"
he returned my gaze.

"you clearly know what I mean. you can get another happiness out there. not in the difficulties with me.."

"I also can't become Rosie that you know as before. everything has changed and I've gone too far," I continued again.

"I just don't want you to forget how valuable you are. I want you to see this life again with a good perspective.."
indeed only people who know me as far as Tae can say things that I must finally admit the truth.

the sky was completely dark when Tae deliver me to the front of the cottage where Jeongguk and I left our packing this morning.

"are you spend the night here?"

I don't intend to answer the question. staying here with a man is not something that should be discussed with him.

"If you want, you can go with me on the last boat with a guest who can't stay overnight."

"I-- have to finish something..."
he looked at me long after hearing my answer.

"I hope you consider my offer about work in Daegu. you can think of it as an opportunity to start a new page. "

he ended his words with a wave of hand as he stepped away. his figure disappeared in the dark.

----

the room that welcomed me was dark. when I turn on the lights, the bag we carry looks still lying in the corner of the room where we left it.

he hasn't back.

this one-bedroom cottage on the edge of a beach is rented to invited guests who really want to spend the night on this island. I don't remember Jeongguk ever saying about staying.

however, the absence of his return until now may be a clue if I want or don't want to spend this night at this place.

what is he doing now?
is he still with Jieun?
what hurt did Jieun suffer as seriously as he needed Jeongguk until now?

lazy back frantically with all the assumptions, I immediately went to the bathroom an turned on the water in the available white bath tub.

hopefully by soaking my mind can clear again. the silence that surrounded me when I soaked made Jimin's words spin again in my head without stopping.

"we all know that in the end they will come back together"

then what about me?

I drowned my whole body in a tub filled with water. there was a calmness I got when there was only water around me.

finished wearing the white dress I took of this afternoon, the hour in the middle of the room showed 11 o'clock at night. maybe I'm not supposed to wait for him anymore.

---

the touch in my arms that kept moving to my legs made me awake again. he finally back.

haven't had time to turn around, I feel kisses on my neck and shoulders. his kiss turned rough with a hasty rhythm.

there's stinging alcohol smelled as his face traced my neck again. my body was turned harshly and with quick movements, he placed his body above me, locking me still lying.

he's not Jeongguk.

my heart felt like stop beating when i see Jimin who was now smiling viciously to welcome my surprise.

"I'll show you that I can satisfy you much better than Jeongguk!"