something about hope.

he looked at me silently. why should we always be like this? when will he stop making me confused with his attitude? I drowned my face in my arms.

I just want to be alone for now.

when I lift my head, I found his squatting right in front of me while still holding an umbrella above us.

his gaze was unreadable. he didn't look surprised or whatsover. dont know what I should say, I just quietly returned his gaze.

he stood up and reach out his hand. even though I had doubts, I grab his hand.

I don't have anyone now. only this is what I can do now. the subconscious that brought me to this place at my worst time. to where he is.

I don't know how many times I've sneezed. My nose is clogged with the heat I feel all over my body.

"have you taken the medicine?"

there is no intention to answer his question. my head feels dizzy. I just want to sleep now.

"the medicine is work for me.. but, haciuu..!"
in fact, his situation is also no better than me.
I closed my eyes again hoping that this dizziness and cold would disappear when I opened my eyes later. I shouldn't feel weak like this.

---

the touch on my shoulder made me blink slowly. I still have his back.

reluctant to show him that I was awake. his hand rubbed my waist slowly. then he gently pulled my body closer to him. I could feel every breath in his chest that had almost no distance from my back.

"mian"

even though it was more like a whisper, what he said was clear enough. what he said was enough to make me find peace again. even though it's only for a while, this is enough for me.

"still dizzy?"

I answered the question with a shake of my head. he was still in bed looking hard to gather his consciousness.

I woke up leaving him to go to the kitchen and try to busy with the omelette I was preparing.

the sound of his steps sounded. not having time to see his figure, a hand landed in my temple. what he did almost made me drop the skillet in my hand.

"It's not as hot as last night" he smiled then passed to the living room.

it was amazing how he could behave as if nothing had happened after everything we had gone through.

"you made it for me too, right?" he asked again from behind the sofa.

without much talk, I moved the two servings of omelette I made to the plate. I placed one of the plates right in front of him while I walked back to the pantry intending to eat my food there.

he back with a plate in his hand and then took a high chair facing the place I was sitting. he placed his plate in front of me and then began to enjoy the meal.

"A little bit salty, but i still can eat this. Is this your favorite food?"
I don't understand the direction of the conversation.

"or is it just this food that you can make?"

"i'm alright" those words just said. I'm too sure of my assumptions.

hearing what I said, his fork stopped. then there is only silence between us. my guess is right, he tried too hard to make sure that I was fine.