(II)

he nodded eagerly while looking at me in disbelief.

"are you working here now?"
it's my turn to nod now.

"cant believe i finally find you after..."
he seemed to think before continuing, "two years?"
I was amazed to see the joy he showed me.

when I wanted to answer the question, a little cough from the supervisor behind me reminding me that it would be inappropriate for me to talk at such a busy time.

I grimaced at him, a quick nod means he understood. not long after, he was out of sight among the throng of customers in this shop.

---

the clock shows at 10;20 night and finally my work ends. pain spread throughout my body especially on the legs and shoulders. at least today I have passed without a big problem.

"finally finished as well..." the voice made me turn and I saw Taehyung with the same white T-shirt he was wearing this afternoon walking towards me.

" the voice made me turn and I saw Taehyung with the same white T-shirt he was wearing this afternoon walking towards me

does that mean he's been sitting in front of this bakery before?

"you are still here?"

"waiting for you, after two years haven't meet, there's no way I can just walk away."
he replied with a small laugh.

"are you waiting here? "I asked again, looking around me.

this place is pitch black. the atmosphere in this Bakery shop is silent. even almost total dark when the light from inside the Bakery finally turned off.

"now we'd better find something to eat, you have not eaten yet?"

"but Tae, why are you waiting for me like this? is there anything important?"
besides the fact our last meeting was two years ago, I could not find the exact reason why he decided to wait for me.

"the most important thing for me now is dinner, three cups of coffee and two donuts in my stomach need a friend who is heavier." he said as he started walking in front of me didn't give me a chance to ask further.

we finally entered into one of the restaurants that are open 24 hours. Taehyung still doesnt care and now looks busy eating the dishes in front of him.

he has not changed much from the last time we met. his face is still as innocent as he used to, his typical smile box when he laughed, his haircut is much neater and now there is a glasses perched on his nose.

Taehyung is one of my high school friends and my classmates on campus, although our majors are different. just like most of our friends, I think I also have graduated from the place I still visit every day now.

if only my life had not changed like now, I might as well have graduated and become independent now.

"why are you being silent? you're not hungry?" he asked, glancing at my untouched plate.

I shook my head at his question. I've eaten before I closed the shop. it was my habit to eat the rest of the bread as my dinner. and now my stomach still full even though the dishes in front of me look quite delicious.

"do you work there now?"

"yes while finishing college, are you?"

"in one of the advertising companies near here. besides going to college, and work in that Bakery, is there any other activities?"

somehow his question just bothered me. there is a sense of shame and fear that suddenly feels so gripping. maybe the question reminded me that now I wasn't the same Rosie with Rosie he knew two years ago.

"no."
the lie came out of my mouth just then followed by the nod of his head.

"you don't draw anymore?"
I shook my head again at the question.

"why?" he asked again.
I can't even remember the last time I drew. I tried to smile in response hoping this would simply make he stop asking.

"so what's the reason you've been waiting for me all this time?"
hearing my question, he again looked doesn't care and got busy again with his food.

"taehyung-ah.."

"do I need a specific reason for it? you yourself two years disappear. now where are you staying?" again, he asked me a question I didn't want to answer.

the fact that I moved from a house to a small alley in a dingy area is not something I want to tell.

I don't like being pityed. especially by Taehyung that I know for sure he will be surprised if he knows my condition now.

"don't want to answer again? Rosie.. what happe---"

"Tae, if you wait for me just to ask this unimportant thing, I'd better go home now." he held my hand who intend to leave.

"Chaeyoung-ah mian... ok I will not ask about that anymore." his words managed to make me cancel my intention to move from this place.

"but you have to promise not to disappear again.. because I don't want to lose you for the second time." he said softly.