Chapter Twenty-Three

** FIRST DRAFT **
Chapter Twenty-Three

Our big day was suddenly cut short when it began raining heavily outside while we finished up breakfast, but Kian didn't seem to mind, he just went and lit a fire in the living room and called me in. What I saw was hilarious.

He sat in front of a game of monopoly.

I sat down slightly frustrated. I could remember a stupid game but I couldn't remember someone who gave me stomach tingles every time he touched me? I don't understand how it could work, but like Dr whatever said, the human brain is a very complex thing.

"Can I be the banker?" I asked, reaching out for the tray.

Kian nodded and gave me it, "don't cheat," he smirked and I turned to mush.

I straightened and set up my player, the car, and served up our money. "I'm fairly sure I play this game like a pro, who needs to cheat?" I murmured.

He grinned, "everyone in my family cheats when they play this game."

"Well, I'll keep an eye out for you then," I said grinning back. "Get ready to lose."

-

"I do believe that I won." Kian declared as I stared hopelessly at the board, "what was that? You were a pro?"

I rolled my eyes, "whatever. I -" I grinned, "I forgot how to play."

"I saw in your head that whole time, you knew exactly what you were doing," he helped me up and I folded my arms.

"I could have just been giving you false thoughts."

He shrugged, "I still won."

"I still won," I mimicked terribly. "Ow!" I gasped, my neck shooting up in pain. I clamped my hand over it, the sting near becoming unbearable. Kian placed his hand over mine, taking it away from my neck.

"Do you want me to?" He asked, hesitant.

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak as fire erupted in my neck. I felt his hot breath fan over it, the stubble on his cheeks grazing my neck before his lips clamped over the mark, soothing the pain. His lips on my neck evoked strange feelings in me, my stomach was going wild and my heart was pounding when he pulled away, his eyes amber.

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever before his hand cupped my cheek and he slowly leant in, giving me the time to pull away.

I didn't.

Our lips met and my body erupted into flames as he held the nape of my neck, his other hand against my back holding me against him as he kissed me.

I hoped I was doing it right.

He pulled away first, his eyes flickering amber and back again. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded hurriedly, my thoughts a jumbled mess, and all I could focus on was his lips, moving as he spoke to me. I shook my head, "pardon?"

He smiled slightly, "do you want to see the music room – you liked it last time you saw it."

I nodded, "oh sure – uh yeah, music room." I nodded again and followed him out of the room, mentally smacking myself back into order.

The music room held a piano, a guitar or two and a violin. I lingered on the violin, running my fingers over it, something in my mind niggled. "Did I ever play this?" I asked.

I jumped when his voice came from right behind me, "sorry, no you didn't. You said you're sister did though." I bit my lip, but I got nothing. All I got was recognition from somewhere. His hands came to my shoulders, and my skin broke out in goosebumps, "don't push yourself to try remember Molly," he murmured, his breath tickling my ear. "Just remember what you can, the doctor even said you could have memory dreams."