Chapter Nine

**FIRST DRAFT**

Chapter Nine

It was rainy and grey outside, loud claps of thunder would startle people before they went back to whatever they were doing. Linda, Chelsea and Anna were cooking, Chelsea sighing every few minutes as she stopped kneading her dough, a smile flitting across her lips while Linda and Anna were talking about everything and anything.

I sighed and left the kitchen, folding my arms as I stood in the hallway, looking at the formal dining room across from me. I could always give myself my own mini tour...

I shrugged and began walking, opening every door on my way to the lounge.

In the first door there was a small office, in pink, so I assumed it was Linda's. Closing that one I looked in the second – a closet full of coats. Boring. I walked past the lounge and toward the glass back doors that lead out onto the patio. Next to it were two large brown wooden doors, and I could hear the men talking in there.

Across from that there was another set of brown doors. No one seemed to be in there... I turned the handles and pushed it open, gasping at the sight.

A beautiful piano sat proudly in the centre of the room. Music stands were everywhere along with microphones and other various instruments. But a piano! I had always wanted to learn.

I bit my lip and edged closer to it, running my fingers over the keys gently.

I sat down on the bench and pressed a key.

PING.

I jumped in the seat, letting out a squeak as the loud sound let out a sharp noise.

I stood up, frowning.

That was way too loud.

It's just your senses..

Huh?

They are heightening...you can hear better, smell better, see better?

Oh. Either way, piano and myself was history.

I walked around the room, humming as I ran my fingers over the other few instruments, stopping at the violin.

"You aren't even watching Molly!" Jane danced in front of me, her violin in her small hand. "Listen!" She ordered, pushing me on the couch, "I can play 'Old MacDonald!'" I sighed but sat anyway, smiling as she began, a frown of concentration on her face.

When she finished I clapped loudly for her, laughing as she curtsied.

"You're a great sister Molly..."

"Molly?" I spun around, my breath catching in my throat from fright. Kian stood at the piano. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm crying?" My voice came out scratchy, and I felt the wetness on my face. "Oh," I wiped my eyes. I shrugged, "doesn't matter."

Sensing not to push it, he gestured to the room, "like music?" I nodded. "Play anything?"

"Ha. No, the only person in my family with musical talent was Jane.... she played the violin." I laughed quietly, "killed my ears at first. She was getting good when I left though." Now I'll never see how good she got.

I stared at my feet, sighing. Before I knew it another set of feet were in front of me, and a warm hand lifted up my chin.

"Have a picnic with me?"

I frowned, "it's raining..."

He sent me a grin that made my knees turn to jelly. "We can have it in the indoor garden. You want to?"