Chapter Eighteen

**FIRST DRAFT**

Chapter Eighteen

It hurt again. I couldn't find Kian anywhere, all I knew was that I needed him. The house was pitch black as I wheezed in pain on the bedroom floor, the mark was moist again and I assume it was bleeding once more. I needed Kian.

The pain felt worse then last time, my throat was dry and breathing was difficult. I felt like someone was suffocating me with a pillow and I couldn't get them off me.

I screamed as a massive stab of pain attacked my neck, like someone was slashing my throat over and over but I wasn't dying. My back arched off the floor, fire erupting through it, as I tried calling out for Kian, the pain just blazing on.

The pain left and I lay their paralysed, legit, I couldn't move at all. My wolf was howling non-stop as I tried to move, but I couldn't From my neck down my body wasn't functioning.

I stared unseeingly at the bedroom door, Kian wasn't here. Of course he wasn't. I needed him. I let out a wheezed cough, my chest aching and the pain flared up again, but I gained movement from my body again. I felt stuck like glue to the ground, as I lifted myself onto my hands and knees, one arm supporting me as the other latched over my mark.

I was on fire. I needed cold water.

I struggled to my feet, letting out another scream of pain as I stumbled out of the room and toward the bathroom, not bothering with the light, and navigating for the shower. I turned it on freezing cold, and fell in, leaning against the wall.

I screamed again in pain, the water felt so hot! Falling out of the shower onto the cool tiles I breathed heavily, dripping wet as my vision began blotting.

Not again.

I took a deep breath, I had to get downstairs before I lost complete vision. If I got downstairs, then I could wait for Kian. I nodded to myself, biting my lip as another wave of fire hit me, pulling myself to the landing and taking a deep breath.

I gripped the bannister and too my first step, sighing in relief. Going for my next one I screamed in pain, my wolf howling as my boy twisted in a way I thought wasn't possible. I heard the sickening crunch of my ankle breaking as I landed awkwardly on it.

It was all slow motion, I felt as if I was having an outer body experience, watching my body falling mid-air from the top the stairs, slowly landing on each one like a rag doll, my head making contact with every second step and the way my eyes rolled back into my head I fell into the wall before everything stayed black.

Kian POV

I shifted as I came up to the house, pulling on my clothes I'd left by the door before unlocking it and going inside.

I stopped instantly.

The smell of tears – a constant scent in this place lately – and blood assaulted my senses and my wolf began growling. It was our mates.

"Molly?" I called out, making my way to the stairs, stopping at the sight in horror. Molly lay in a crumpled twisted ball at the base of the stairs, and arm definitely broken, being bent at such terrifying angle. Her head was bleeding, a small wound at the top of it, and her skin was cold, even though her body ha a faint heart beat. Her body was shaking even though she unconscious and I dug into my pocket yanking out my phone and dialling dads number.

Panic over took me as I saw her mark, stained with blood and still oozing. I placed my hand over it, her shakes ceasing.

"Son?" Dads voice broke through, calm as always.