Chapter Twenty-One

**FIRST DRAFT**
Chapter Twenty-One

Kian Pov.

I listened to her shallow breaths as she slept in my arms for the first time in forever. This was painful. Lying to her like this, and I felt like crap doing it, and I had no excuse...but the thought of losing her again if I told her the truth...it would kill me. I wouldn't survive and neither would she. This would be for her own safety.

After we had mated, I would tell her. At least then she wouldn't die.

I inhaled her scent and tightened my arms as she mumbled in her sleep.

After the mating, I would tell her.

-

I awoke to an empty bed, hearing the shower going in the bathroom and humming. I smiled to myself and got up, stretching, listening to the morning noise of the house. Linda and Joe were in the kitchen with dad and mum...

Pierce and Chelsea were having a silent argument across the hall, their hushed voices causing me to strain my hearing.

"...lie...she....know..." I caught. I frowned and got out of bed, storming over the hall and into the other room.

"You cannot butt into it Chelsea!" Pierce snapped just as I entered. They both stopped and stared at me, Pierce bowing his head slightly.

"What's going on?" I snapped.

"Nothing," Chelsea said.

I glared at her. She had been trouble ever since she had come here, she was part of the reason why Molly was probably so uncontrollable to begin with. "The truth," I ordered, authority coating my voice.

"Chelsea-"

"What's going on?" I spun around to see Molly in a yellow shirt an blue pants, her hair in a loose bun at the base of her neck.

"Nothing," I said smoothly. "These two were just finishing packing off the rest of their stuff, they leave today." I gave my brother a look before taking Molly's hand and leading her from the room. "Want breakfast?" I asked.

She shrugged, "okay..." I saw the confusion on her face, and I couldn't resist digging through her mind. But it was blank. I frowned slightly. Maybe she was learning how to block it off.

We entered the kitchen to see them all seated at the table, mum placing eggs to Anna's plate. Anna had been the most accepting so far. Then again, we didn't kidnap her, but still, at least she hadn't been trying to tear mates apart. I scowled internally and my wolf agreed.

"Morning," Molly said softly, taking a seat at the table. I sat next to her, watching as she stared at the patterns on the dining table, a far away look on her face.

To be honest, I was surprised with her new personality. Maybe she wasn't a crazy fire cracker after all. She was so soft spoken now, hadn't raised her voice once....

It's better then being shouted at, my wolf grumbled.

I had to agree with him there.

Mum served the rest of breakfast up before telling Joe he could borrow my Jeep to move the stuff.

"Kian, your father and I are leaving for France in two days, we're heading there early, the Alpha requested it. You'll be okay managing business here?" Mum asked.

I nodded, inwardly pleased. With everyone out of here, I could finally learn as much as I could about Molly. "That's fine," I said.

That was more then fine.