Chapter Twelve

**FIRST DRAFT**

Chapter Twelve

Last night had been a disaster, I thought as I rolled over in bed. Kian hadn't joined me, he had stayed downstairs talking to his father while I had gone up to bed, threatening to castrate him if he followed me.

Hearing a thump I sat up in bed, my vision blurring as I tried to focus.

There was a suitcase open on the draw and Kian was filling it with clothes. I frowned. "What are you doing?" I asked.

He looked at me, his expression one of sadness. "I'm going away."

I felt myself grow a tiny bit colder. "Why?"

He sighed and came over, sitting on the edged of the bed, in front of me. "You need more time," he murmured, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "So I'm leaving for this weekend so that my wolf won't take over and force me to claim you." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Your neck will be quite sore, don't freak out if it bleeds. But you have to stay up here the whole mating weekend Molly," he became serious. "Unmated males will be in a frenzy, and they will jump you if they scented you, I know that isn't a risk here but it is a precaution. Mom's going to be here with dad, but you'll have to be locked in the room."

I tried to process everything as he got up and went back to packing.

Great, now we're going to be tearing this room apart in pain because you don't want him to mate you, news flash, there is this wonderful thing called condoms! My wolf hissed at me.

I worried my lip between my teeth. "Exactly how much, uh pain will we be in?"

He ran his fingers through his hair. "A lot, but it's only for two days..."

"A lot as in how?"

"You're wolf will basically be trying to tear you apart, to try and get out and find me. As will my wolf, its inevitable that we will both pass out from the pain, but the mating run should be over when we wake up..."

I began to sweat as I began feeling anxious. I did not have a high pain threshold, I was freaking out. You better be, I'm going to make this hell! I want him! She whined, growling in my head.

I perched on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands, panic and nausea settling in. I couldn't last two days with out him. He had been such a constant presence since he took me, that being with out him I'd feel...threatened.

I felt the mattress sink next to me, and an arm wrap around my shoulders as he pulled me into his side.

"I will leave on Friday so that you have the week to decide what you want to-"

"I don't want to be away from you," I whispered.

"Can't have best of both worlds Molly," he murmured kissing my head.

I broke down in tears, feeling so stupid but feeling ashamed mostly that I couldn't go through with it, and knowing that I would have to go the whole two days alone, in the room most likely suffering.

This was the shittiest feeling ever.

I stayed holed up in my room on Friday evening when Kian left. He had bitten me once more, so that when we bonded all that was left was the bond bite, so I knew I wouldn't be in pain until the next full moon came...and I knew then I would have to seal the deal.

I stayed in a foetal position as I hugged my pillow, crying. I was left alone that whole evening, which I was thankful for. I felt my entire mood shift at twelve in the morning, my body aching as my wolf began whimpering in my head, chanting one word: MATE! MATE! MATE!