Chapter Sixteen

**FIRST DRAFT**
Chapter Sixteen

I folded my arms and put my knees on the dash, looking out the window as we drove down the back way of the property towards the supposed cottage. The air was thick with tension as I tried to just picture myself back home with my family, who I loved and trusted wholeheartedly, but I couldn't. I was wrapped up in this hell that I had been forced into, and there was no way of escaping it.

Fact of the matter is, he had lied to me to get me into bed. For some, moronic wolfy claim? What? Really? If he thought I was ever going to mate with him he had another thing coming – especially after he forced himself on me in the bloody bedroom.

I understand you have a past, but god, listen to yourself Molly! You heard that lady in the police station, he will be forced to claim you this moon either way, he's left you too long! Get over it! This is the way things are!
Oh, I'm sorry were you under the impression that I was still listening to anything you had to say? I shook my head, refocusing my gaze back on the scenery as the car bumped over the rough terrain and we got further and further away from the house.

I used to think that touring the world would give me a sense of independence that people didn't seem to think that I had because I was seemingly quiet and shy, so it was supposed to be my big break as from the baby of the family, even though I wasn't.

But my little independence trip had been cut short when the people from our horror stories actually did exist, and I had been thrown into some psychotic supposed love story. What, was I doomed to actually fall in love with this prick and be stuck here for the rest of my life, simply because he erased my existence?

I had read tons of these 'love stories' about 'werewolves' claiming their 'mates' and living happily ever after, usually after they've had a few fights or a war has taken place and then BAM the stories over, and people found that shit romantic. Hell, even I did for a while.

But now, I was a character in someone's sick and twisted idea of a love story, that I couldn't escape from, I was trapped in a plot that had a thickening twist at every corner, and I was never going to be able to escape it. Ever. I was at the mercy of Kian, and by the way he acted, I knew I was never ever leaving. Alive that it. Dead most likely as well.

So what, do I admit defeat and let the bad guys win or do I keep fighting?

I took a shaky breath, picking at the fluff on my jeans. It was exhausting, trying to remain strong when I had this supernatural magnetic force pushing me toward him, and I was fighting it. It was like defying gravity, in the end it just isn't possible and I knew that with each moment, all I wanted was to give in and maybe see the good side.

Then I was yanked back to this harsh reality where I realised, no, I've been kidnapped and forced into a world I never new existed, and then told I have to sleep with the man who kidnapped me, otherwise I'll most likely end up killing us both.

To be honest, death wouldn't be such a bad thing right now.

No it would be, I told myself. As much as I hated my situation I still craved life. There was still a chance that maybe, just maybe I would be able to see the light of the situation and either embrace it or escape it, but I knew now that I had faced my harsh reality in that police station, I wasn't going to escape it. Ever.

But I couldn't just give in and embrace it either. What would that say about me, what? That just because I'm quiet that I was a quitter? That I couldn't try and hold my own against a lying dirty snake?

I could do it, all I needed to do was believe in myself.

I have a family that cares about me and loves me from here to the ends of the earth, and I couldn't just give up on that.