Chapter Nineteen

**FIRST DRAFT**

Chapter Nineteen

"Werewolf," Carol sat across from me, holding up a card with a wolf on it. "And human," she held up a person. "You can shift into that in about three weeks," she said smiling.

"I know the difference, I'm not retarded," I told her frowning. "I know all this stuff, I know everything, I just can't remember...people! I don't remember my life at all, not before this not with – with him -" I looked at Kian, "I'm sorry but I have no idea who you are, I mean who doesn't take photos?"

Kian shrugged, "Molly we've been together for a month, we were getting to know each other and you were going through the changes...we didn't have time for photos."

I slumped back into the chair, frustration taking over as I rested my head in my hands taking in a deep breath.

"I'll come back later with her results," the doctor said. "Carol, let's leave these two alone for a while." I watched as the blonde nurse and doctor left, closing the door leaving me alone with my supposed mate. Boyfriend, Husband, whatever.

He came over to me and took me by my arm gently, pulling me into a hug which I accepted happily. I had felt myself calmer when I was around him. He rubbed circles into the small of my back as I snuggled further in, "it will be okay Molly. We'll sort everything out okay?"

I sniffled, my tear now wetting his shirt. "It won't be okay," I cried, "I'm supposed to know you, and even love you most likely and I have no idea who you are, much less to how old I am, and anything else that's important."

He sh'd me. "We'll get to all that. Just, rest for now okay?" I nodded and allowed him to carry me over to the bed, helping me in and drawing the blankets up to my neck. He went to leave and I panicked, gripping onto his hand.

"Please don't leave me," I said softly. "I can't be alone..." He debated it and I moved across the bed, making room for him. "Please." I felt safe with him. Maybe it was this whole special connections thing I had heard about earlier, but he made me feel better.

He hopped on the bed, kicking off his shoes and got comfortable on his side. Sighing in relief I allowed myself to close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

-

I woke up alone, Kian was once again outside with the doctor, but there were more men out there now. I heard a few giggled an I looked over to see two girls, one with red hair, the other with black hair. They both looked at me, smiling.

"HI Molly," the read head got up, "I'm Anna."

"Hi..."

"And I'm Chelsea," She smiled at me. "We're your friends."

I smiled despite myself, "I was beginning to wonder if I had any, or if it was just him." I gestured toward the door and they laughed.

"He hasn't left your side for like a minute. He only leaves to pee or talk to the doctor." At that moment, they all walked in – everyone. All the doctors, two handsome looking men, Kian and two older people – a man and a woman.

"Molly," The doctor smiled at me. "So we ran some extra scans, and we found that the damage on the right side of your brain has caused severe memory loss. This is...." He looked at Kian who had his eyes closed. "This can be very permanent."

I sucked in a breath. "B-but, you said 'can be' right...that means I could regain my memories yeah?"

He looked at my sympathetically, "I haven't met anyone who has. Even with our werewolf healing abilities, the angles you smacked your head on – they just can't be healed with time. The wounds heal, but the memories will be gone."