Chapter Twenty-Two

**FIRST DRAFT**
Chapter Twenty-Two

I liked it when Kian held me at night. I felt safe and warm with him, and that nothing bad could happen to me in his arms. His hand was wrapped around my middle, holding me to him as his other arm was under my neck, his hand half under the pillow as I followed it.

It was strange that I couldn't remember this man, yet I felt so strongly for him – I knew what the emotion was and I'm not stupid. It was love. But to love him so fast? Seeing as he said we hadn't met long ago, it was mind boggling to me.

I sighed and turned the best I could to face him, uncomfortable on this side position. I was met with amber eyes as I stared up into his face. I gasped in fright as he stared at me.

"You are incredibly restless this evening," he murmured. "Why?"

I licked my dry lips. Maybe it was the fact that his parents had now left for France and the house was empty due to everyone moving out, and I knew now we were completely alone – or that in a week and a half we would have to ... have ....we would have to consummate our relationship lest we both die.

"A lot of thoughts," I said quietly, entranced in his amber orbs.

"I can hear," he broke out a tiny smirk. "Your mind is wide open this evening, even if I tried there is no way I can block it off."

I blushed, "sorry – I just -" I frowned, "I'm confused."

He nodded slowly, "about us," he supplied. I nodded. He moved suddenly and I was laying on my back, him still on his side as he lifted the arm underneath me to rest his head on it. I felt my head resting on the large bicep in his arm. "The idea of mates is confusing, and you are human so you've never been exposed to it – but the intense love you feel for that person is overwhelming, believe me I was overwhelmed when I first set my eyes on you, at how perfect you were – that you were everything I had envisioned my mate to be like – and that's the amazing thing about it, that we were all created an other half that see's everything they've always wanted in that person." He stroked my cheek and I felt it warm up again.

"It's just -" I tried to form my words and not stumble as I tried to not focus on the stroking of his thumb. "I find it so hard to believe – like I have the evidence right in front of me yet I still get...."
"Doubtful?"

I nodded.

He chuckled, "You're only human Molly, you're allowed reservations."

I bit my lip, "so it's not weird that I love you then?" I asked quietly.

I felt him tense and I regretted saying it at all, but his next words washed away my worries. "I have been waiting to hear that for so long," he breathed. "No, No it's not weird at all. We're mates Molly, we're supposed to love each other." I felt his lips ghost across my forehead.

I relaxed against him now, relieved that I got it off my chest.

"Sleep now," he murmured, his arm once again extending underneath me as he settled back into the pillows. I faced away as he spooned me, my eyes flickering before falling asleep.

-

I woke the next morning early, around six. Kian's grip had relaxed at some stage during the night but I was still held to him. I peeled away his arm and climbed out of bed, gasping at the biting cold air that hit my skin, someone had turned the heater off.

My need to relieve myself was bigger then my need to get warm again, so I half ran, -half skipped into the bathroom, doing what I had to do quickly so I could get into the warm shower.

I flushed the toilet, dancing on the cold tiles as I pulled the camisole off my body, dancing into the shower and moaning at the warm sensation, I could understand why I wore the camisoles to bed, Kian's body heat was like the desert but I needed to get some slippers and a dressing gown!

I left my hair dry, no way was I wetting it in this temperature. Washing quickly I got out, wrapping myself in a fluffy towel and throwing another one on the floor to keep my feet warm as I dried off.

Then I realised.

I hadn't bought any clothes in.

Smart one, idiot.

Biting my lip I tip toed over to the door, opening it with an annoying squeak sound. Kian wasn't in the room. Straightening my posture I pushed it fully open, keeping the towel tightly around me as I walked quickly to my draws, ruffling through for some pants and a long sleeved top.

Happy with what I found, I spun around, screaming in shock and dropping my clothes and half of the towel when I saw Kian walking through the door holding a newspaper and reading it intently, he dropped the paper and looked up quickly, his eyes freezing on me as he did so.

I frantically struggled with the towel, wrapping it firmer around me as I bent to the floor hurriedly scooping up my clothing, my face burning.

I got up quickly, walking backwards toward the bathroom, Kian still hadn't moved. "I – uh – clothes – um – sorry!" I slammed the door shut and locked it, breathing heavily against it.

From now on I was leaving my clothes in here.

-

I walked as quietly as I could downstairs, twisting my hands in nervousness as I walked into the kitchen where Kian stood near the stove piling pieces of bacon onto a plate. He looked up when I entered, a flicker of amber in his eyes.

"Hungry?" He asked, his voice was tight and controlled.

I gave a small nod, sitting at the table to avoid any eye contact.

I flashed my entire bloody body!

He set my breakfast in front of me and then sat across from me, his eyes alight, no longer tight as they were before. He lets out a small chuckle.

"What?" I question, frowning.

He shakes his head, "it was pretty funny, and I didn't see as much as you think I did." He nudged my plate, "eat up, we have a big day ahead of us."

.