Fate

Third Person’s POV

As her hands softly ran through his face and hair, caressing him, giving him that warm feeling he didn’t feel for a very long time.

He recognized her.

Maybe Olivia didn’t, she was young at the time and it had been long years.

And, in fact, their mother had changed a bit, her appearance and attitude was very different.

But pretty clear for Robert who, older at the time, remembered perfectly of his parents face.

There are no miracles, as much as she could have changed, he would probably still recognize her.

“I watched you… dead” Robert whispered, his eyes tired and his strength weakened.

“I wasn’t, Robert…” she smiled, kissing his hand “They found me after a few days…”

“If…” Robert looked down “I should have…” he started hyperventilating again “Taken you with me and… Liv… and… I thought you were…”

“Oh, Rob…” she kissed his cheek “Shhh. I thought you were both gone as well”

Robert closed his eyes, letting his face lean against his mother touch “I’m sorry…”

“Just rest now, ok?” she cried, but with a smile in her face.

Bea was right next to him, her heart breaking as she watched the entire situation. Caressing him, she didn’t leave his side as he fell asleep.

She watched as Mrs. Julie Barlow turned now to Olivia, who, despite her tears, was still having a hard time believing everything.

“I’m sorry... it’s just… it is all so weird for me. I can’t… recognize you…”

Simon was standing next to her, his arms around her small body.

“I would never blame you for that. I would never recognize yourself either, Olivia… you are so grown and... beautiful”

“I agree on that” Simon joked, trying to lift the mood a little bit.

Olivia looked down “I’m sorry”

“Don’t be… just… can I hug you?”

Olivia kept looking down, but softly nodded.

Her mother gently pulled her into a tight hug, whispering in her ear something no one else could listen to.

Beatrice smiled, she still couldn’t believe their mother was there. Alive.

And more, she was the director of CIA.

Wow.

“What happened when you were found?” Olivia asked

“Guys… be comfy around but… please don’t be loud…” Bea whispered, caressing Robert’s sleepy form.

“I took a long time recovering at the hospital…” she looked down “And I really didn’t want to. I had lost everything. I had no one and nowhere to go… But after such a long time, the pain started to get bearable, but the anger increased. I wanted to avenge you all. I wanted so bad to get that man who unfairly did all this to our family”

Everyone attentively listened to Robert and Olivia’s mother

“So I started to work hard, that became my life goal. I was lucky to have met and helped one of the UN ambassadors, who helped me getting several tests and I was finally able to get into CIA. Then I just kept fighting for a better role, knowing I would never get enough before getting what I wanted to. You did better than me, though” she smiled at Olivia

“We had lots of help” she whispered

“I know… Still… I feel proud”

“Robert would have been stunned to hear you say those words” Olivia smiled “We’re known as terrorists, after all.

“You know, it’s all a façade. I am now sure you never meant to be considered so. I simply cannot believe my son ever touched an innocent person...”

“He didn’t…” Bea said.

“What I became is not different from what you became either. I was willing to go through everything to get that man as well…”

Bea smiled “So… what will you do now?”

Julie turned to Beatrice “After I found about all this I fought hard to get all of you and decide your punishment. Your fate”

“So…?” Martin asked

Julie walked towards Robert “Well… I am desperately needing a good, capable and qualified agent…” She smiled “I might have some other good spots for qualified people like you are..”

A smile appeared in everybody’s face

“Won’t that cause any trouble? I mean... we are all known, now”

“Everyone saw what you did out there. Everyone saw Robert saving the Pope’s life… twice. So, no, I don’t think there will be trouble. And even if it did, no one needs to know about that… right?”

Beatrice smiled widely, sighing in relief.

They would be free.

Everything would be alright.

Hello everyone!

So, this story is really in its end.

Sorry it is short.

Tell me what do you think?

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*