Dangerous stranger

Third Person’s POV

“Robert, stop!” Martin yelled at the phone

“What? You’re gonna make me, Martin?!”

“You cannot expose yourself, that is not part of the…”

Robert interrupted him again, as he walked out of the hotel

“I already exposed myself, Martin”

“The plan is for them to believe they hacked you! Your undercover is still on, Mccoy! You’re still the bloody doctor”

“He’s here, Martin. You told me so. Do you want me to be quiet about it?!”

“Yes, and I am ordering you to! Do you know what the director would do to you?!”

“I don’t give a shit about that, once I get my hands on…”

“Robert. Listen to me…” Martin said, calmly “You don’t need to do this alone. We have our team, we will help you. But if the director finds out we have second intentions… we are all dead. And if you don’t want to think about yourself, at least think about your sister!” Martin replied

Robert took a deep breath, Martin was right.

“You’re right… but I will find a way.” Robert whispered

“Just, please calm down now. We are going to keep Derek Williams and his boss in track”

“Ok…” Robert walked slower now, many thoughts occupying his mind.

His phone rang again, it was his sister

“Robbie…”

“Hey Liv”

“Please be calm about it, Robbie…”

“He is here, Liv. Earl Fisher is here”

“I know, baby brother. But please, don’t do anything stupid…”

“He killed our parents, Liv. He almost killed you and I…”

“Shhh, you saved me Robbie. You couldn’t have done more, please don’t tell me you still blame yourself for that”

Robert took a deep breath “I going to get him, Liv”

“I know you are, but not now. And never alone. Ok?”

Robert looked at the river, then around him, the city of Venice was welcoming a nice sunny day. He sighed “I love you, Liv”

“I love you too, now please promise you will not do anything stupid”

“Promise…” Robert whispered

“Good”

Robert turned around, leaning against the small wall of the bridge, when he spotted Beatrice running furiously, tears in her eyes.

“Liv, I’ll talk to you later” Robert immediately hang up the call and ran towards Beatrice

“Woah!” he stopped in front of her as she refused to look at him, trying to hide her tears. “What happened, Bea?” He grabbed her face softly, making her look at him.

He had never called her that before, he felt like she would not appreciate it. It was stronger than himself, that time, though.

She kept crying, not able to say a word.

“Come” Robert softly whispered, putting his arm around her shoulder. Instead of taking her back to the hotel, he paid an Italian man to quitely conduct a big gondola around the city.