One last time

Robert’s POV

I stood silent for the rest of the day.

After the conversation with Bea’s father, there wasn’t anything else I could think of.

As much as I hate to admit it, he might be right.

I am not the right person for Bea, I am aware of that. I am aware she deserves a lot more and better. And now I just can’t help but wonder why she really is with me.

I went to my sister’s new room and saw her working in the middle of all her mess. She didn’t have much to tell me. I am beginning to think she is also starting to give up in all our plans to get Fisher.

This truly saddened me.

I managed to steal a computer from her and, as I was about to leave the room, she asked me

“Is everything alright, Rob?”

I glanced back at her “Do you also agree with should stop this? Let Fisher go?”

She looked at me, a saddened expression “Robbie, you know I would never want to give up on this. But I do think we should take a break now. Everything is just way too dangerous. The both of us know the director. And he also knows about your intentions to get Fisher. It’s just too dangerous. We should just take a step back for now. For our best”

I looked at her.

I don’t want to step back, that was never in my nature.

I will never be able to have a good night of sleep knowing he’s still out there.

“Please consider this, Rob” she whispered

I turned around “Sorry. I can’t” I said, before leaving the room.

I sat in my corner for the rest of the day.

I could hear everyone around the house, happy with this new place. They were even making a barbecue outside for dinner.

I watched Bea happily helping Catherine, alongside my mother and the guys as well. Her father sat silently in a corner as well, and smiled at me whenever our eyes met. I can’t even describe the feeling inside me to see Beatrice, with a big smile on her face, enjoying being there, out of danger.

Happy.

I looked down and concentrated on the computer.

Taking a deep breath, I muttered “let’s do this”

It was later in the night, when everyone was already going to their bedrooms to sleep, that Beatrice approached me with a serious face, taking the laptop out of my reach.

I looked at her, surprised

“Robbie…” she whispered “What happened? Why are you so quiet?”

I looked at her, feeling a knot in my throat.

What am I supposed to tell her?

“I’m fine… just… tired, really” I whispered

She kissed my forehead, sitting in my lap “C’mon, let’s go inside. I’m gonna take a shower”

I half smiled “Ok” I grabbed the laptop again as I stood up.

“Oh, no no” she took it off me again “You are going to join me. And you won’t be needing this” She smiled, sensually rubbing her body up my chest, before finally reaching my lips.

I closed my eyes instantly. There is no way I can ever resist this woman.

My desire for her is almost painful.