Can you feel?

Derek William’s POV

“Sir, I cannot explain you what happened!” The man was looking at me, in desperation.

Oh, you are so going to die right now.

“Oh, you can’t?! So you are telling me 500 million dollars were stolen and you don’t know how that happened?!”

He looked at me, scared “I do not know! We did not detect it until it happened! We didn’t even notice our systems were hacked!”

I smiled, raising my hand to wipe the drops of sweat on my forehead. The guy almost jumped from his spot, watching the gun in my hand.

Well, it was going to be shot soon, anyway.

He had just tested my patience.

“So… I am guessing you will offer to go and tell the boss yourself?”

He shuddered.

“That was what I thought” I finally pulled the trigger, and watched his body fall on the floor, lifeless.

I quickly walked out of that room and went to my boss’s office

“So?!” He immediately asked

“Hmmm… 500 millions have been stolen” I looked at him who seemed thoughtful.

“Any ideas on what the guy wants?”  I asked

He looked at me with a hideous expression “Not money, for sure. There has to be something else. So you better find it out” He ordered

“Right”

“And, there is this man, huge name in petroleum business, who will be tomorrow in the mayor’s birthday party. Make sure you meet him. Make sure you bring him to me. You know the procedures. Take your wife. Make yourself look trustworthy.”

“I have always…” I started to disagree. I had always made my job skillfully. The last weeks didn’t go very well, but that was not reason for him to start doubting me.

“Do your job” he finally said, lighting up another cigarette.

Robert’s POV

I watched my sister gathering some things on a small backpack for me. Silence filled the entire place. No words shared. Just a tense environment.

“We are landing now. We arrived at the Ossuary” Martin knocked at the door.

I glanced at my sister, who immediately came to hug me.

“Be safe, Robbie”

I kissed her forehead “You too. And… if for some reason this goes wrong, you just find a good place to be happy, will you?”

“Don’t even start, Robert” She warned

I kissed her forehead before we walked out of the room and joined Martin. Simon was piloting, but, as soon as we landed, he appeared in our spot.

“Robert?! Why do we only have access to 450million?!” he asked

I stood up, I knew the director would be waiting for me outside.

“That’s my bonus” I simply said

“But…” he started to complain

“The mission was not about the money, Oliver, why are you being such a pussy about it?” I clicked on the button and opened the back of the plane.

The director was right there.

About 50 years old. Tall and muscular. Surrounded by his men, equally big and scary.