Chapter 4✔️

A/n: Jax's house above.

Skylar's POV

Today was the day that we would be leaving our lives behind. We have been packing all morning. Kinsley is very excited about this whole ordeal, but I want to jump off a cliff. I have been ignoring Jax after what transpired between us. Moving in with him was just going to make everything awkward.

We started loading our boxes into the cars outside of the complex. We didn't have much so we were done fairly quickly. I went into my room and grabbed things to put in my purse. As I was doing that I couldn't help but remember how the old days were and how we went from point A to point Z in a matter of years.

Flashback
Skylar's POV...again
"Hey, Jax how was the game last night."

"It was ok. We won 68 to 15."

I knew that the game went well, but I just wanted to strike up a conversation with him.

He was the school's best player on the basketball team. Shooting guard. He was the jack of all trades. He did everything from football down to quiz bowl.

Lately, things have been different.

We were about to graduate soon and start our adulthood.

Jax and I have always been close since middle school and we always felt comfortable around each other. I could talk about random things and he would listen, but now he doesn't care to listen.

It's like every time he sees me coming towards him he turns around and walks the other way.

This is my first time speaking to him in weeks and I didn't know how to address the issues between us.

"Hey, I have a question," I said with a serious face.

He looked down at me and looked back at his food.

I took that as my chance to speak.

"What is going on with you? Why do you avoid me?"

The silence that followed my question was unsettling.

I gritted my teeth while waiting for his response.

"Nothing is going on with me, and have you ever thought about the fact that maybe you're too clingy?"

His words hurt me. More than I would like to admit.

I smiled and calmly said," No, I've never thought about it because I've never been clingy towards you."

I didn't want our friendship to end. Especially not like this.

I wanted to work out whatever the problem was.

"I'm leaving. I'm moving to Italy to take over my dad's business the day after we graduate."

I was speechless. I couldn't formulate my thoughts into words.

This cut me deep. We always talked about how we were going to go to the same school. Hell, I worked my ass off just to get accepted to the same school as him and now he is throwing it all away.

He got up and left the table. I didn't even get the chance to respond to him.

I knew I couldn't change his stubborn mind.

Flashback over

I realized that we had ended our friendship on a bad note. I took him back in so easily without thinking about how he treated me that day.