Chapter 13✔️

Skylars POV

Last night felt like a dream. Waking up next to this man felt like a dream. I couldn't believe that we kissed each other after so long ago.

I slowly got up making sure that he was asleep. Once I was sure that he would stay asleep, I went to the bathroom and took care of my business.

After I was done I walked into the room and saw him sitting up with a frown on his face.

Once he saw me he smiled and got up. He walked towards me with a smile on his face.

His lips met mine. He sighed and said, " good morning baby."

I smiled and repeated what he had said to me.

"You hungry?"

I nodded my head while grabbing his hand and walking out of the room. Once we got downstairs he led me to the dining room.

There was so much food on the table and I couldn't help but stare. Whenever I have my period I eat as if I have never eaten.

We sat down and grabbed the plate and gathered the food that we wanted. The dining room suddenly became filled with everyone's loud voices.

Jax grabbed my hand and squeezed and looked over at his mom and sister.

His deep voice caught the attention of everyone as he said, " good morning everyone."

The chorus of good mornings flooded the room.

His mom sat down next to him and his sister next to me.

Kinsley and Miles sat beside mia. My mom sat down next to them as well and started eating. Mr. Carter sat next to his wife. Oblivious to the questioning that was about to start.

I felt his sister grab my hand. I turned towards her and smiled.

"Sooooooo what is going on between you two? I saw that last night."

I smiled and shook my head. Why would I tell her when she already knows? I looked down at my plate with a smile on my face.

Suddenly the room went quiet and the mood shifted drastically. I looked over at Jax and saw that he was frowning. He got up and walked over to the shelf and grabbed a gun before signaling to be quiet.

All of the men stood up and grabbed their guns while looking at him. They were waiting for instructions.

"Dad and Miles. Take them to the basement. Now."

His dad and Miles got up and grabbed our hands before running to what I'm assuming was the basement.

I was scared. I didn't know what was going on.

Once we got there Mr. Carter scanned his thumb on the door before leading us down a steep tunnel.

We walked to another set of doors. Once those doors were open we walked into the padded basement.

The security was very tight in here. There were about twenty men in here with guns. I'm guessing that they knew we were coming down here.

Miles led us to the couch and sat us down. I looked over at him. Looking for answers. I wanted to know what was going on.

"What is going on?!?"

Mia had beat me to the punch.

Jax's mom looked over at her before signaling her to be quiet.